high school rough patches

Leila had a good first couple of days of high school. Watching her grow up has been rough for me. I still question how I even conceived her; she was a miracle child for sure but the questions go on about her. How did I conceive her? Why does she have wings? 

I will always love her for who she is, she's my baby girl. 

One afternoon she came home from school and seemed like she was nervous and also upset about something. I went up to her room after a while just giving her space after school just thinking she was just having a bad day. I had knocked on her door but the only sound i heard was a quiet crying noise. Me knowing how it would have felt to have someone to talk to in moments like this decided to walk into her room.

 "Honey, what is wrong," i asked as i sat on her bed next to her. 

"Today we had to share with our new teacher on our families and where we came from....."

"I understand Honey that is was hard for you. You are a strong and beautiful woman just like your mama."

"I know mom, but you don't understand my problem with it. Everyone asked me for the rest of the day why i couldn't explain the rest to them, even our teacher pestered me about it during class." she cried harder as she sat and talked it through with me. 

"honey everyone is different and has different varieties of types of families."

"I KNOW MOM!" she yelled at me. "I get everyone has different families than me but not only do i have a different kind of family.." she stopped took a deep breath, looked me in the eyes and said "mom im not even human im a different kind of being altogether."

After she had said this to me i was in udder shock and completely speechless. At this point we decided it was best for me to let her be and to drop the conversation before things got worse.