ice ice baby - thomally

HELP PRIDE AND PREJUDICE ABBREVIATES TO 'PAP' AND THATS HILARIOUS

the temptation i have to get tinder 

anyhoo heres the oneshot, based off the pride and prejudice film (YOUR SELFISH DISDAIN FOR THE FEELINGS OF OTHERS MADE EM REALISE U WERE THE LSST MAN IN THIS WORLD I'D EVER BE PREVAILED UPON TO MARRY)

ok

Thomas blinks back his tears that are threatening to spill. He's not going to cry in front of someone like Gally. No, he refuses. He's adamant against showing any sign of weakness or even any emotions in front of him. "Get away from me." He bites out instead, trying to seem cold, but he knows his voice gives everything away. He's always been an open book, especially to Gally.

"Please, Thomas. Don't push me away." Gally's voice comes out as a hoarse whisper, and it's difficult to tell whether he meant it to come out strong, or whether he just doesn't care. "You can't do this to me."

"I can't do this to you?" He barks out a laugh and shakes his head in utter disbelief. "You left me. Without anything. You left me with my father. All I ever did to you was be your friend."

"Well maybe I don't want you to be my friend!" The outburst comes as a shock to them both, making them flinch away from each other in shock. Gally doesn't let it bother him, though, and instead continues. "Maybe I wanted more. Maybe I wanted to kiss you." He takes a sharp intake of breath, and Thomas swears he notices the liquid running down Gally's face isn't just the rain. "Fuck, Thomas. I love- I love you, okay?"

Thomas looks at him.

Gally knows he's said the wrong thing, but he can't take it back now. "I can't stop my emotions."

"Wow." Thomas mutters, closing his eyes and letting the tears run down his face freely. "When I first met you, your selfish disdain for the feelings of others made me realise that you are the last man in the world I could ever be prevailed upon to love." He opens his eyes and looks Gally in the eyes. "I can't love you. You're arrogant, and-"

"And that's your father talking."

Thomas doesn't reply. He knows it's true deep inside, but he's not going to abandon his pride to admit that. "No. This is me talking, and, Gally, I don't love you."