cat... or dog? - newtmas

HElP THIS IS BASED OFF THE ENEMIES TOCLOVERS THING I PUT ON ANNOUNCEMENTS (idk where i made that idea up from but i love it)

the bit that says:

'you come to my door asking why my cat hates you and i feel bad and its annoying but i dont do anything'to'i cant stop thinking about your stupid sad face so im knocking at your door inviting u round to mine so u can pet my cat'

HELP WHYS IT SO SMALL THSTS FUNNY

Newt can't stop thinking about Thomas' stupid, stupid face.

The way his eyes flashed with offence, and then with a mix of sadness and anger that Newt would even ask such a question.

"Did you try to steak my bloody cat?" He mocks his past self, tutting and rolling his eyes. Why does he have to be such a moron at times? 

Newt paces in front of Thomas' front door. Yep, his front door. 

He felt bad, okay? And, yeah, he wanted to make the bloody annoying arse happy.

Well, happier. Not too happy. He was still a bloody annoying arse.

He lets out a scream when the front door opens, revealing Thomas in a perfect, spotless suit that  Newt wants to rip off him because it's just too perfect. He's staring, with his head cocked to the side, blinking blankly, at Newt.

Newt, who hasn't a clue what he's doing and looks like one of the rats he'd seen climbing out the drainage in London.

"Uh... Hello?" Thomas eventually says after a minute (or was it an hour?) of just staring at each other like a rabbit in the headlights. "I saw you pacing around and I-"

"Fuck you." Is the first thing Newt blurts out, and, oh god, what is he doing? He's trying to make the idiot feel better, not worse.

But said idiot only looks at him with something twinkling in his eyes (Newt swears it's amusement) and repositions himself awkwardly at the door frame. "I think I should be saying that to you. Especially after you falsely accused me of trying to steal Bark."

Technically, Newt doesn't know it was a false accusation. To know that, they'd have to get the police involved and go on a wild goose chase to find out how his beloved cat lost his collar. Of course, he doesn't intend to say any of this, but, well, his intentions aren't strong enough because the words come tumbling out his mouth, anyway. "I don't actually know whether or not it was a false accusation or not." 

Thomas narrows his eyes and the amusement is long gone, replaced by irritation. "Are you here to blame me or are you here to apologise and become friends?"

Newt almost, almost, grimaces at the thought of being friends - yuck! - but catches himself at the last moment. Then he processes the words fully and slits his eyes to match the stupid arse's ones. "Bold of you to assume I'm here to apologise."

Thomas raises his eyebrows and the blond wants to scream because of how easily the donkey can read him. 

"Fine. I'm here to apologise." The blond groans and folds his arms in a toddler-esque tantrum. "I'm ever so sorry for falsely accusing you of attempting to steal my precious bundle of fur. There. Happy?"

"Very." He hums and gives him a small smile.

Newt doesn't feel butterflies in his stomach. No, that'd be absurd. The only thing the smile does is increase his hatred.

"If you want to see Bark, you can come round to mine." And, apparently, it makes him offer things he'd never, ever offer otherwise.

But the way Thomas' face lights up at the suggestion and he jumps up with his hands clasped together will be the only thing that'll decrease his hatred.

Thank the skies it's rare.

He acts like a dog, Newt realises when he's scoffing at Thomas practically skipping to the blond's house.

Which is sort of troubling.

Because he apparently seems to not hate Thomas, but at the same time, he prefers cats.

aASEIGIGSJSJFMDMW