Gemstones (Part 2)

I was fighting Usko again.

This time, we were fighting in a city called Blue Metropolis. It was named well. Skyscrapers, lights, roads—everything was blue, some ranging in different shades from azure, cyan, cobalt, indigo, turquoise, teal, ultramarine, denim, navy, and periwinkle. It was a dawn fight, for the sun was rising in a mixture of creamy peach and pale golden sky with fast-moving gray and pink clouds. There was a closeness in the air, scattered only by clear, cool breezes.

Every person, whether Arcaneian, Cyborgian, Naturalian, or Defectian had the Gemstone sense, a sixth sense that allowed a person to track and harness a Gemstone's energy.
Gemstones were considered sacred and held a ton of energy containing great power. Each Gem possessed mystical properties and withheld unlimited amounts of high potent and powerful energy. Not only were Gemstones capable of achieving awesome feats, but they also helped a person's talents or emotions depending on the usage, as each Gemstone had a different meaning. When harnessed by humans, Gemstones had the power to enhance the wielder's abilities in both their physical and mental state. Regardless of a person's Type, he or she would be bestowed with possible different powers and forms, but most specially, increased innate talents. Each Gemstone was rare, precious, and must be used very carefully.

In conclusion, Usko and I fought over one.

It was an Obsidian, a black Gemstone. I had found it first, but Usko had soon come after me.

"That Gemstone is mine!" Usko snarled, large black demon wings, resembling a bat's sharply angled wings, flapping on his back.

"Everyone, get inside!" I shouted to onlookers. Startled, they scurried indoors, running into businesses and apartments while Usko and I battled on the roads and streets. Cars pulled over to the side and stopped. Though the city grew quiet and deserted, I knew people were still watching from their windows, listening closely to us.

"Coward!" Usko spat, shooting poison from his elongated fangs.

With the energy of the Gemstone fueled in me, I dodged aside. I felt both its powers—its interior energy, the light and heat swirling within it, and its exterior energy, the crystal and luster hardening. Both blended into my body, making me jump twice as high, run twice as fast, and I even glowed faintly, the black Gemstone lending me its strength. 

 "You will be dead, Chaser," Usko sneered. He bent down and touched a single hand to the concrete. The road came to life under his touch, the band of concrete rippling and arching like the spine of a dragon, the body of a snake. It reared up, tearing itself from the ground with a bloodcurdling crack. "Your corpse will be nothing more than a carcass. Your dead body will be free for all those sinners who want it. You will become a nothing!"

"You do not understand, Usko." My voice was quieter as I raised the Gemstone over my head. A brilliant black light shone forth as if the Gemstone was both a mini sun and a mini moon: hot and energized on the inside, cold and crystalized on the outside, both giving off shimmers. "How the living mock the dead is comparable to how youths mock the elders. It was one of the lowest moral blows, because the dead and the old have seen and known and experienced far more than the ones mocking them. Those who have gone into the unknown are braver than the rest."