The Four Officers

Colonel entered the office room, where the floor was light gray, the walls a white and blue, and the ceiling was white. He was holding the seventh anonymous letter in his hand, the other hand at his forehead in a fatigued gesture. The office was fairly small with two light brown wooden desks, four chairs, a garbage can, and a box of the other anonymous letters. On the desks were computers, a printer, stacks of papers, file cases, notepads, folders, binders, and a few trophies.

"Any intel of this so-called great hero?" Major drawled from where he sat at his desk.
Colonel shook his head. "Not much. Western City, Blue Metropolis, and Eastopolis have the most recent reports of potentially seeing him."

"We ought to find him soon," Boss warned. "Those anonymous letters are getting quite aggressive."

"If he's doing good and being a hero, maybe it isn't our business," said General.

The four high-ranking police officers were discussing the Chaser-business again. Anonymous letters arrived frequently at the headquarters, challenging them to capture Chaser. Although the nameless person admitted that he was a hero, it was also stated that he was a potential danger, that maybe, if Chaser was dealt with, the villain would stop attacking as well.

"We must capture Chaser," Boss decided. "This is the perfect opportunity to improve both our money and reputation. The world will respect us. Imagine those headlines! The GCMB has at long last captured the renowned hero Chaser! Whether we get him on our side as our ally or simply display him as an impressive trophy as a show of our skills is entirely up to him, depending on how willing he is. We could be so famous, people would ask us for opinions on a subject or field we have absolutely no intelligence or specialty in, but they'd still listen to us as if we said the wisest thing."

"You're always at the head of jokes," Major huffed, pulling up his pants that even his belt couldn't keep up.

"Just like you're always at the butt of them," Boss said. "By the way, General, since you're a general, you should be firmer in your views. Can't let people see you're wavering."

General sighed and rubbed a hand across his forehead. "Thing is, this is complicated business. What if we do capture Chaser? Then what? Will the attacks really stop? And what would we do with Chaser?"

General was a rather plain-looking man, with short brown hair and amber eyes, dressed in a police suit like the rest of them. Colonel had short, curly red hair with sad green eyes. Major was the shortest and fattest of them all with brown eyes and a bald head. Boss had short black hair and pale blue eyes.

"Didn't you hear? It's our duty to capture Chaser!" Boss said. Even though his rank was the lowest, he was by far the most aggressive. "It would prove we could rise to the challenge. It would look good for our name. To capture the Greatest Hero in the World! Nothing could top that or be more impressive. Every nation will look up to us. We will complete a feat no one has ever accomplished!"

General rubbed his forehead. "Capturing the greatest hero of this world sounds a little...wrong. Shouldn't we leave him alone?"

"This is a golden opportunity!" Major agreed with Boss. "There's no achievement more sensational! Once we get our hands on Chaser, we'll look unstoppable! It'll be better if we can have him help us, but it doesn't matter if we have to drag him or become his enemies; as long as we have him in our possession!"