Too Soon?

The following day has arrived. The weather was cloudy in Redshore City. No rain was to be expected that day, but the weather forecast recommended to carry an umbrella if it ever changes. As usual, the city was as lively as ever, regardless of the grey skies above. Business continued as usual for many. To many of the local residents in the city, it was like any other day before it. To some, it would be their best and worst day. To Porsha, it was the latter.

It was 10:30 AM. Porsha was standing at the entrance of the Redshore Correctional Facility. She wore her multicoloured jacket with dark blue accents, and a checkered black and white flannel along with grey pants. Porsha looked at her phone and saw a text message from Jerry that was sent a few hours before.

"Porsha, this is Jerry. Sorry if I can't come with you, I'm currently busy with the legal work. I recommend you visit your father at the Redshore City Correctional Facility. Talk to him. I guarantee you that he'll be glad to see you. Catch him up to speed." Jerry's text message said.

It wasn't what Porsha was expecting. She wasn't expecting her involvement with legal actions regarding her father would come so soon. Then again, her visit wasn't anything related to her father's situation, it was just a visit. Porsha was tense and unsure whether her father wants to see him or not. Nevertheless, Jerry recommends it to her.

*Sigh* "Okay, you can do this." She said to herself.

Porsha then proceeded to enter the Correctional Facility. She went to the counter where she would have to sign a few papers and be asked who she wanted to visit. It only took a few minutes for Porsha to fill up the form and complete the documentation. She was then asked to follow an officer to the parloir or the area in the facility where visitations take place.

After a while, the officer then took Porsha to the parloir. She asked to follow a single file line as the other people visited their friends, loved ones and others. The area was only limited to ten people at max. The booth was to Porsha's left at the end of the hallway. She will be called on once the person they wish to meet has already sat down on the other side of the glass.

Onto Porsha's right, there was a large mirror that covered a large portion of the wall near the end of the hallway. The mirror showed the mirrored images that was happening to left. The visitor on the third booth had just stood up, it was now vacant.

"James Crystal to booth three." The announcer said in the visitation area.

Moments later, Jimmy Crystal, Porsha's father, had arrived and sat down on the third booth. His father wore the iconic orange uniform that was mandatory for prisoners to wear, hand cuffs that weren't tight but not too loose, ideally to prevent sudden and quick actions and a look sending shivers down Porsha's spine.

Her father was not expecting for her daughter to visit her, especially after three months have elapsed. After all those months, she have resurfaced and decided to visit him. This angered Jimmy, his expression was not excited nor calm, instead Jimmy had a death-like look. The look of anger, disappointment and frustration in one expression, and Porsha could see it from the mirror's reflection.

Porsha saw her father's look and it was clear to her that he wasn't too happy to see her. Her father's like made her even more tense and her breathing suddenly became rapid, as if she was going to have a panic attack. Porsha then leaned her back to the wall and sighed. She was afraid of her father, afraid she would get berated, gaslighted and likely be disowned.

"Porsha Crystal to booth three." The announcement had just made her more uncomfortable.

Porsha was fighting herself. Her thoughts conflict with her actions, deciding to see her father and experience his wrath or to escape. Moments later after battling her consciousness, the victor turned out to be the idea to escape. Porsha rushed outside of the correctional facility. She got out of the entrance and took deep breaths. She panicked and acted upon impulse. She then sat down with her back against the wall outside. To her, it felt like the mere presence of her father's expression drained her energy, as if she was being strangled.