One In A Million

Six hours have passed since Louie had assisted Porsha to her apartment. Porsha had fallen asleep still wearing her coat while facing sideways. Louie, during those six hours, Louie had fallen asleep on Porsha's bed as well, the difference was that he slept adjacent to her, with his back on the wall, arms crossed and with his hood covering his eyes.

After those hours, Porsha had finally woken up. Her eyelids twitched and the light from the room disrupting her slumber. She pulled herself to a sit-up position and rubbed her eyes. Her vision, still blurry after a deep sleep, her white and bluish grey fur disheveled and to top it all off, a splitting headache. Porsha groaned as she felt her head pulse with pain. But fortunately, it was manageable.

She rubbed the back of her head and looked to her left, it was Louie, still asleep.  She was still trying to process what had happened to her when she was out, but trying to replay memories in her head just gave her hassle with her hangover. She could only remember glimpses but she's unsure of its validity. She took it off from her mind and stretched her arms wide open.

Seconds later, Louie was disturbed by Porsha's movements, it had woken him up.

"Oh, Porsha. You're awake." Louie said as he yawned.

"Man, how long was I out?" Porsha asked as she rubbed her forehead.

"I think it was 10 AM when we arrived. It's now 4 PM. Six hours. You were out cold for six hours." Louie responded.

"I might've drank way too much." She replied groggily.

"I'll get you some water." Louie said

Louie stood and walked towards Porsha's kitchen and grabbed a glass of water.

"Here. It should ease up the hangover." Louie advised.

Porsha complied and took the glass from Louie.

"You stayed with me for six hours?" Porsha asked as she emptied the glass.

"Y-yeah... I-I stayed because I thought to help you out if ever you threw up." He continued.

"And you did actually... had to help you back up after you hugged your toilet seat." Louie chuckled.

"Wow that's so bad. I'm sorry I dragged you into this." Porsha said with a mix of chuckles, sniffles and wiping away her tears.

Porsha was touched by Louie's actions. He had the patience to help her at her lowest and even went the extra mile to watch her for hours. She thought it was sweet that Louie cared, and cared enough to stay by her. She was touched, but also  embarrassed. She had dragged someone down to help her. As she felt embarrassed, her memories of earlier came rushing down, with one of the main highlights was of her father's words. It brought her to tears once more. Both tears of joy and pain.

Porsha was unsure what to feel, the touching kindness that Louie made and her father's words stabbing her. It came down on her all at once, and Louie took notice.

"Hey, hey, hey what's wrong?" Louie said as he knelt down on her.

"I'm just... touched and a little embarrassed that you had to... you know." Porsha said with a rough voice.

"Hey... You're starting to scare me with you crying and everything. You sure you're okay?" Louie asked concerningly.

"I'm alright, Lou... just issues, that's all." She replied as she tried to gain composure.

"You wanna talk about these said "issues?" Louie asked.

"I don't know... You probably won't understand."

"Then I'll try to understand. Even if I couldn't, I'll still try to help. Your problems are as good as mine, and whatever it is I'll be there to help you out." Louie said sincerely.