A Day Like No Other

After Porsha's sudden agreement to assist Louie in unpacking his boxes. The two rode on a taxi heading to the more urban areas of Redshore. It was only a couple minutes away from city central, but regardless of distance they still used public transit. They had unfortunately come across medium traffic, which extended their travel time from a couple minutes to more than half an hour. But it was no issue whatsoever. Louie and Porsha's company was enough for them to pass the time.

The Urban area of Redshore was different from city central. The colors have faded but some remain colorful, the buildings were mainly Industrial looking unlike the ambitious ones from where they were earlier. The urban areas of Redshore consisted of many apartment buildings and hotels with ranging quality. Some looked modern, some looked worn out, some are expensive and some are cheap, but there's always the middle ground.

They then arrive at Louie's choice of residence. It was an enclosed apartment building, meaning that the property had an open area in the center while the apartment rooms surround it. The looks of the building were nothing to be dawned on, basic color pattern of white and red bricks and a functional design. They went through the entrance and they were met with the four sides of the apartment building that enclosed the open area in the middle. The open area had a large tree in the middle with benches under it. Porsha never usually goes to the urban areas of Redshore as it didn't interest her that much and that it was lacking any form wow factor, though that might change her view of things.

Louie lived on the left side of the apartment and on the ground floor. Not because the landlord luckily picked his designated room, he specifically asked for it for ease of moving in, especially for one of his instruments. He grabbed his apartment keys and opened his door.

"I can't believe you agreed to this." Louie said.

"Well too bad, because we're already here and ready to snoop into someone's stuff." Porsha joked.

"You better not."

Louie opened his door and revealed his room. Boxes on one end and more on the other. Porsha didn't think of it much, but she was surprised by the quality of his room. Minus the boxes, she thought of his place as cozy.

"It's much cleaner than I expected. You sure this is well within your budget?" Porsha asked.

"It's six hundred dollars a month, a good deal if I say so myself. Though it came with downsides."

"What are the-" Porsha was interrupted by the thudding sounds from someone's steps a floor above them.

"That's the downside." Louie said.

"Why don't you settle down first, I'll make us something to eat." Louie then headed to his fridge and grabbed ingredients for a sandwich.

Porsha sat down on Louie's bed and settled down as he said. She looked around his home and an opened box near her came to her view. She pulled it closer and inspected its contents. She found a dusty photo album and opened it. The photo album contained plenty of images of scenic places, nature, and night life. They were a bit worn out, ink fades in corners of some images and the aging paper.

"Were you a photographer before?" Porsha asked.

"Well, no. I was interested in photography back when I was young. I took a lot of photos back then. It didn't stick with me in the end. Though I did keep some of the photos I took, you know just to walk down memory lane if needed." Louie answered.

"Well, you got some that are really good."

"Thanks."

Porsha continued to flip between pages on Louie's album, she got near the end and as she flipped the final page. A single photo was taped on the page. It wasn't like the photos she saw previously. It was Louie with someone else. It was another girl, a female wolf. Louie and the girl both had identical orange shirts, the girl on the other hand had rounded frame glasses and an ear piercing on her left ear. The background resembled that of an amusement park, and the one holding the camera was Louie. They looked like they were having the time of their lives. Porsha wondered who it was.