Castle Confines

After my hair is towel dried, I grab a white robe that's hanging on the back of the bathroom door and slip it on. 

The bathroom door creaks as I open it and I see Taehyung waiting patiently, he is staring out the window. I approach him slowly and look out the window as well. It was still dark out. 

"Didn't Mr. Hoseok say that it was morning?" I whisper to Taehyung; he nods his head. "Yes, it's ten in the morning." My eyes fill with shock. "What?!" Taehyung chuckles and leans away from the window. He crosses his arms and leans up against the wall instead.

"Yes, it's 10 a.m." My eyes ping-pong from him to the window. "Where's the sun then!?" I jump to the window and almost smash my face to the cracked glass. It was still so dark out and a heavy morning fog laid against the calm ocean now. 

I hear Taehyung's dark chuckle again. "We're near the Faroe Island, which around here, we don't see much sun. The sun shines maybe thirty-seven days a year." 

Choking on my spit, I'm having trouble processing that information. The sun doesn't shine here. What a melancholy kind of place. There are studies that show that a lack of sunshine and vitamin D can cause depression. Maybe that's what is so wrong with everyone in this place. They're all insane from living in the dark all the time.

"There's hardly any sun!? That sounds so depressing!" Taehyung smiles at me. "It's not as bad as you think. You get used to the dark and come to like it. It's comforting sometimes. You'll see." My stomach turned into the knot the way he said that. It was supposed to be comforting but it caused anxiety. I didn't want to be here long enough to understand what he meant.

"Alright miss, get dressed and we will tour the castle." Taehyung nudges me towards the armoire before leaving my room and shutting the door behind him. 

I open the armoire and sift through the hanging clothes. There were all kinds of clothes here, yet I've meet to any women. A cold chill runs down my spine. I was praying that these clothes don't belong to dead women. Who were kidnapped like me and brought here against their will.

My choices weren't too vast, so I chose a cream-colored jacket and skirt combination that was lined in black. Hopefully it would keep me warm. It's winter now and if I'm where they say I am, it's even colder here. I try on a few high heels until I find a pair that fits my feet snug. 

I walk over to the bedroom door and brace myself. I'd be let out now, I'd get to look around the place I'm being kept. I had no idea what I'd see. 

Opening the thick oak door, I see my butler waiting for me outside. Taehyung smiles when he sees me emerge. "You look nice Ms. Park!" 

Taehyung lifts his elbow to me, offering me to hold it. I shake my head; I didn't want to get comfortable with anyone here. I couldn't trust any of them. Just because these men were all gorgeous and their smiles were sweet, didn't mean they were trustworthy. Even the most dangerous creatures in the world are brightly colored and intentionally alluring. Just to lead you to your death.

The corridor we walk down is dark and cold. The gray brick walls bare, only holding sconces on the wall to light to the way. There's red mahogany underneath my feet and the old floorboards creak sometimes with a step.

"There's someone you haven't met yet, someone important to the master. It's his advisor." 

Taehyung grins down at me as we finally break free of the corridor and step out into a beautiful large, open room with a ceiling that reaches a couple stories high. My eyes follow the height of the room in awe. This must be the main entrance. There were stairways on each corner of the room that led to higher levels.

"Wow..." I gasp out as my eyes land on a gigantic crystal chandelier that's hanging all the way at the top of the ceiling. 

"Lovely, isn't it?" Taehyung asks as he looks up with me. I nod my head. It truly was. I'd never been in a more beautifully decorated place. The Victorian style was stunning and made me feel like I was brought back into time. 

 We begin to climb the stairs, but I stop when I see a portrait hanging above the stairs. It was such a realistic painting of Master Yoongi that I almost expected the eyes to follow me. Whoever painted this captured the coldness his presence produces.

 Whoever painted this captured the coldness his presence produces

Again, he looked like royalty. Yoongi looked as if he should be a prince of a country. For all I knew, maybe he was. 

"Amazing likeness, right?" Taehyung grins as he examines the portrait with me. "Jungkook painted it for him." I suddenly look at Taehyung with shock filled eyes. "Jungkook?! The guy who brought me my food?" Taehyung smiles and laughs through his nose. 

"We aren't all as we seem here. Everyone is here for a reason, because we have something the master needs. In Jungkook's case, he is endlessly talented in many things." I nodded along. 

We begin to walk up the stairs again and then take an immediate right into another dark corridor. 

"Then why am I here?" I ask Taehyung suddenly. He stops us outside of a door. "I can't tell you that miss, please understand." I throw an angry look at him. He ignores me and knocks on the door before we both enter into an office.