A Dream Inside a Dream

I walk back towards my room, almost in a skip. I couldn't wait to start my movie marathon. 

What can I watch first? 

There were so many I hadn't watched in years and others that I'd never seen but wanted to so bad. 

I stop climbing walking down the hallway when I hear the piano stop being played. And as soon as the ringing of the last key was struck ended, a chilly breeze blows through my hair. I suddenly felt a presence behind me, so I turn around. I see Yoongi standing there, looking at me shocked that I was alerted to his presence.

"My schedule is free now." I blink at Yoongi and his bluntness. Did he mean he wanted to watch a movie now? 

"Oh...you meant right now?" My question comes out confused, but Yoongi just nods his head. I try to stop the smile on my face, the eagerness was too cute. "Okay." I tell him and he grins, his face looks so relieved.

We begin walking towards my room, this vampire and me. This moment felt surreal to me. Just a few days ago I felt like Yoongi was going to devour my soul and my nightmares would come true. My heart would stop, and I'd ascend to whatever the next plane was. But at the moment, I didn't feel that way about him. I felt a sense of safety from him.

As we climb the stairs, we discuss what movies to watch. "I've been wanting to watch Pride and Prejudice for a while now. It's one of my favorite movies." I confess to Yoongi; he stares at my face the entire time I talk. I began to feel self-conscious at the intensity of his dark eyes on me.

"What's that movie about?" I look at him shocked, he had never seen it. I laugh to myself a little. "I first watched the movie in high school, I fell in love with it immediately. It takes place back in the 1800's. A Mr. Darcy who is rich and privileged falls in love with a common woman. They butt heads the entire time, go back and forth but realize they've fallen in love with each other. Despite class and despite reasoning." 

I look over at Yoongi who scoffs under his breath. "What?" I question him, irritated with his attitude. 

"That's silly, love that is. It is always portraited so easily in movies. Like it's such a simple thing. You fall in love at first sight and after that there's a happy ending, but that's not how the real world is. The fact is love is hard and most people don't want to fight for it." 

My heart suddenly ached inside. Only someone who has been repeatedly hurt would say something like that.

"Everything in dust, do you see? Everything in lust. Everything ends, nothing is forever. And half the time it isn't even love, it's lust. Humans can't seem to differentiate between the two." Yoongi continues as we stop at the top of the stairs.

I stare at Yoongi, my heart breaking inside. Who hurt him this badly? He doesn't even seem to believe in love anymore, or even in humanity.

"You just need someone to change your mind." I tell him and lift my hand to touch him but drop it back down. Yoongi scoffs again and takes off walking, leaving me behind. I begin to follow behind him. 

Once we are back in my room, I approach the tv and begin picking up movies, showing Yoongi the cover and letting him decide what sounds good. 

"No, no, no, nope." He would constantly turn the movies down. Then I lift up Inception. Yoongi squints his eyes, trying to see something better. "The music is written by Hans Zimmer, I love him. We can watch that one." I bust out laughing. Yoongi raises an eyebrow at me. 

"You were choosing a movie based on the music composer?" I needed to confirm his absurdity. Yoongi rubs his earlobe and nods. I continue to laugh, that was a first. Usually, people pick a movie from a trailer or from the image. No, Yoongi was different.

"Music is just as important for a good movie as the actors. Alone, music can make you feel uneasy, happy, sad or angry. It evokes all kinds of emotions into someone easily." 

I get lost in his eyes as Yoongi talks about music. He seemed so passionate about it. But he was correct. Just as important the visuals are, what you hear is just as significant. 

"You're completely right, and you made an excellent choice." I inform him as I pop out the DVD from the case and load it into the DVD player attached to the tv. "This movie is amazing." I smile at him, and he smiles back. 

Once I turn everything on and hit play, I angle the tv towards my bed. I crawl on top of it and sit facing the tv. 

The movie begins and I just see Yoongi leaning up against the wall. Did he really intend to stand there the entire time? This was a lengthy movie. 

"You can sit here, if you want." I point to the spot beside me. Yoongi looks at my hand and then at me. "You sure?" I nod to him. 

Walking slowly to me, Yoongi climbs onto the bed and takes a seat beside me, his legs and feet dangling off the tall bed. His feet hung lower than mine, but it seemed kind of cute. He seemed a little innocent and small just now.

Yoongi leans to me and whispers quietly, making the hairs on the back of my neck raise.

"What's this movie about?"