Keys To My Heart

I wake up startled by a pounding on my bedroom door. I pull my covers up to my neck, trying to protect myself. 

"C-Come in!" I yell to whoever is outside. The door swings open and the first thing I see is Hoseok's back. He is pulling something into the room. It was a television sitting on top of this cart with wheels. I sit up as he steers it into my room.

"The master requested this for you." Hoseok growls, annoyed that he had to drag this cart to my room instead of my own butler. I look at him and then the tv. "What is it?"

Hoseok rolls his eyes, knowing I'm not blind. 

"A television with about a hundred movies." He points to a huge stack of DVDs beside the tv. My eyes widen as I look at all of them. There were so many classics and even a few newer movies. 

I throw the blanket off of me and jump out of bed. I run over to the DVDs so I can look through them all. 

I hear Hoseok chuckle beside me

I hear Hoseok chuckle beside me. "Looks like the master was right. He thought you might be excited." I look up at Hoseok with a huge smile plastered to myself. "I am! Tell him I said thanks!" Hoseok scoffs as he heads for the door. 

"Tell him yourself." He shuts the door behind him. 

I squeal with excitement, there's many movies I haven't even watched in this pile. I was actually excited. And for the first time in days, I was happy. I couldn't wait to start watching some of these and researching the actors and their methods. 

My hands excitedly dug through the pile, picking up The DaVinci Code, Inception, The Godfather, Pretty Woman, Shawshank Redemption, Pride and Prejudice, and Mad Max. There were so many different kinds and types of movies. I couldn't wait to dive into their fictional worlds.

But I needed to thank Yoongi first, this was incredibly thoughtful and kind. It proved he was actually listening to what I said and cared. 

I should take a quick shower first though.

***

Leaving my room clean and refreshed, I bump into my butler on the stairs. "Good morning Ms. Park." Taehyung greets me with a smile. "Hi Taehyung!" I give him a broad smile and he seems shocked to see it. 

"You seem in good spirits this morning miss." Taehyung grins wider. I nod to him. "I am, thank you for noticing. Where is Yoongi?" Taehyung tilts his head in surprise. "He's in the grand sitting room." Taehyung points towards the right. I laugh at him. "Taehyung, I don't know the way." 

Taehyung smacks his forehead lightly. "Of course! Let me show you." He walks down the steps and I follow him. I remember that to the left was dining room, but we head towards the right this time. 

As we step closer and closer, I can faintly hear a piano. Taehyung laughs once he hears it. "Just follow the melody miss, you'll find him." Taehyung bows to me and ducks away. I scoff at him and his weird behavior. 

With a careless shrug, I follow the music. The melody gets stronger and stronger. It sounded stunning. I could feel my heart flying along with the notes on the music sheet.

I finally find the source of the beautiful notes. I see Yoongi playing a grand piano in the center of the room. I could only see his back from where I was. So quietly, I walked closer to him. 

Concentrating on the music, I tried to listen to what the melody was telling me. Whatever he is playing sounds sad and lonely. And maybe a little desperate. 

I stand behind him, not moving an inch, but closing my eyes and letting the symphony fill my heart. 

The last keys were played so gently that I barely heard them. I let out a sigh once he finished playing. I wanted it to never end. It was so stunning and peaceful. The notes calmed every anxious feeling in my bones.

"How long are you going to stand there?" Yoongi's question makes me open my eyes again. He's sitting on the piano stool facing me now. I clear my throat and feel my cheeks burn with embarrassment. "Sorry, I was just so captivated." 

Yoongi smiles and looks at his slick dress shoes. "You were?" I step a little closer to him and nod. "Yes! What was that?" I point towards the piano. Yoongi smirks and ruffles his black bangs. "Just a song I wrote about being in love with someone unattainable." His smirk disappears. My heart skips a beat. 

"I did notice sadness, loneliness and desperation from that song." I confess to him. Yoongi looks up at me again. "You have a good ear then." Yoongi rubs his earlobe. 

"U-Um, I wanted to thank you for the movies! That really made me smile." Yoongi gives me the widest smile I've seen yet. My heart skipped two beats. "I'm glad to hear that." 

He doesn't have fangs.

Yoongi catches my line of sight and stops smiling. Then he clears his throat. "I hope you enjoy your movies." 

He then turns around and begins to play again but softly. I sigh to myself, staring at his back.

I should extend an olive branch. This Yoongi doesn't seem so bad. I bet he's lonely. Sure, he has the others, but who knows how long it's been since he has been around someone knew.

"H-Hey...Yoongi?" 

His fingers continue with the ivories; "Yes?" I swallow hard. Why was I so nervous all of a sudden.

"W-Would you want to watch one of the movies with me?" I chew nervously on my bottom lip. Yoongi's hands stop playing. 

He turns around and faces me. "You'd let me?" The sweetness in his voice tugged at my heart and I answered before I even thought about it. 

"Yes."