Chapter 7 | A Killer

NYX MANSON

WE’LL BE ON our way now,” Vincenzo announces as he turns to leave. His brothers turn, too, taking slow steps behind him. He slips his hand into the pockets of his slacks and looks over his shoulder. “Come to me, bella,” he softly calls out to me.

I squeeze my father’s hands and smile up at him. “Bye dad, I’ll come see you at the end of the week,” I tell him.

He slowly nods with a warry look. Sighing, I step away from him, pulling my hands out of his tight hold. “We can use the private lift.” I walk to the lift, not really caring if the three men heard me or not.

Placing my hand on the palm scanner, the silver doors slide to the sides, and I step inside. The three men look between each other with amused smiles before walking over and stepping in.

“Don’t forget about Cameron,” Riccardo laughs menacingly as he points to the unconscious man on my father’s office floor.

My father stares down at Cameron for a moment before walking around his desk to help him up while the three men chuckle as the lift doors close.

What did I get myself into?

I press the button for the bottom floor and then hold my hands in front of my body. “Do you still go to school?” Lorenzo suddenly asks.

I shake my head in response. The Italian man next to me lets out a low groan. “Verbal answers,” Vincenzo grumbles.

Staring up at him, I scoff and fold my arms over my chest. I give him a pointed look. “You don’t get to tell me how to respond,” I hiss and his brothers softly laugh.

Vincenzo looks down at me, no emotion in his eyes. I don’t back down as I challenge him and stare right into his hazel eyes.

The intimidating Italian man turns his body to face me and lowers his head, glaring into my soul. I suddenly begin to feel hot, my blood bo8king hotter than lava.

Scoffing, I look away. “No, I graduated a while ago,” I answer Lorenzo’s question verbally.

The brothers hum. “Where did you study?” Riccardo is next to ask.

“Massachusettems Institute Of Technology. I studied IT.” I don’t think I needed to go to school for me to understand computers and their capabilities. I already knew what I was doing when I arrived at MIT.

I learnt extra things on the side while I was studying, and while I was trying to prove to myself I could do anything with a computer.

I definitely can do anything with a computer or even any device with computing power at this point.

“She’s a computer nerd,” Lorenzo teases. I roll my eyes with a small smile.

Vincenzo groans again, probably hating the fact that I rolled my eyes. I look up at him and purposely roll my eyes again, getting another annoyed groan out of him.

I guess he likes a little obedient woman.

I am not that.