Chapter 13 | Blueberry Pancakes

VINCENZO MARTINELLI

AS MY EYES slowly open, I’m enveloped in nothing but darkness. I take a moment to regain my thoughts before stretching my body out on the bed.

The late night memories play in my brain like an old movie. I sigh as memories of what happened attack me. I did not expect Nyx to literally push me out of her apartment. I don’t let people push me around, but I couldn’t fight back against her.

My weak ass will probably never fight against her.

She showed me a glimpse of the flame I knew she had. I’m intrigued. I want to see how far she’ll go and how dangerous she can become.

I sit up on the bed, stretching my arms out before standing up. There’s a bit of light seeping in through the cracks of the blinds so I can see some outlines of my surroundings.

My shoes and jacket are set on the side on a chair, and I smile as I walk over to the items. I pick my phone out of my pocket and press the power button to see a bunch of missed call notifications on the lockscreen.

My mother called the most out of everyone, so I'm guessing she thinks I'm dead while my brothers called once or twice, probably thinking I'm getting my dick wet.

Bastards.

Unlike my brothers, my mother doesn’t know about Nyx, but I plan on telling her... soon. I want to at least get to know Nyx a little more before letting her face my family. They aren’t bad. They’re just very... clingy, especially my mother and aunt.

After getting my shoes on, I pull the door open, the smell of eggs, sugar, and butter attacking my nose. The sounds of pots and pans clinking and clanking together make me smile as I realise that she's awake.

I walk down the small hallway, taking in the small details of her cosy apartment. Soft colours cover the space with a bit of darker colours here and there. She has a large plaque on the wall of her living room with six different car logos.

One of them is the Lamborghini logo, so I thought of spoiling her a little by buying her a Urus. I hope she likes the car. If not, I’ll buy her another one.

I just want to spoil this woman until I can’t anymore – which will never happen. I probably sound like a simp, like a whipped man, and I don’t really mind. I just met her, and I’m already spoiling her, and maybe I am already whipped.

Over some time, she will take my surname and bear me an army of children who we’ll raise together to our best ability. She’ll be the woman I go back to home to see, to hold, to kiss, to talk to about everything, and to make love to.

She’ll be the woman who throws pots, glasses, and pans at my head when I make her angry, and I’ll buy her the whole world as I ask for her forgiveness. I will sit on my throne, and she will be right beside me on her own throne, making those who cross her cower at the sight of her bright, deadly fire.

I stop in my tracks when I see Nicola and Angelo sitting by the small island, eating breakfast while Nyx moves around the kitchen, assembling another plate of food.

These two were assigned to be her bodyguards, I didn't send them here to become all buddy-buddy with my woman.

“What time does Vincenzo usually wake up?” Nyx asks the pair as she turns to the sink with a few dirty dishes.