Epilogue

EPILOGUE | NYX MANSON

TWO WEEKS. That’s all we needed to plan our wedding. I never thought I’d see this day so soon.

The only sad part is that I can’t have both my best friends here to see it happen. I know Nicola is watching over me, but it would’ve been nice to see his smile when I walked down the aisle.

In the midst of all of the planning, I asked the family jeweller to craft a golden hairpin with the letter ‘N’ encrusted with diamonds for me. It’s my way of keeping him close.

“You look elegant,” Loredana and Aurora compliment me once more as I stand up. I brush my hands down the sides of my dress and look at them with a bright smile. Mona did an amazing job at crafting my dress.

The regal wedding dress tightly hugs my body, outlining every attention attracting curve and dip of my body.

I know Vincenzo is going to rush to get me out of this dress once he sees me in it. I’ll admit, I can’t wait for that bit of our wedding night.

The back is extremely low, exposing my entire back, leaving little for a man’s imagination to conjure. The small details of lace, diamonds, and pearls run down the neckline to the long train behind me.

She spent day and night making this dress, and it’s beyond extravagant.

The neckline dips all the way down to my stomach, just above my bell button, as it splits the dress in half. It exposes the valley of my breasts and a bit of my stomach. This isn’t anything near your traditional wedding dress, and I absolutely love it.

My father walks into the room, joyful tears filling his eyes. “I don’t believe this day has come so soon,” he whispers as he wraps his arms around me. His dark, fitted suit ties perfectly with the theme of my wedding – A Dance With Hades.

“It’s time,” Aurora says with a wide smile. My father and I part, and I quickly scurry to the two women, almost falling due to my heels. I throw my arms around the both of them, and they squeeze me back.

Once we let go of each other, my father and I hook our arms together and leave the room with wide smiles. We make our way to the main doors to the ballroom, where Vincenzo proposed not so long ago.

“You nervous?”

I nod with a smile. “Kind of.”

“Don’t worry, he’s a good man,” he whispers before placing a kiss on the side of my head.

· · · · ·

VINCENZO MARTINELLI

The priest smiles at me as I nervously wait to see my bride walk through those double doors. When she insisted on having our wedding here, the same place where she lost her best friend, I was sceptical, but I soon understood the significance.

My brothers, Mitsuhiro, and Angelo stand behind me in their dark suits. I was harsh on Angelo in the beginning, but he’s actually a good friend to both my future wife and I.

I look back at them, and they all give me looks of reassurance. My mother and aunt walk into the room using the back door and take their seats next to my father and uncle in the front row. They smile at me, showing me a cheery thumbs up, and I nod at them, knowing my bride is coming soon.