Chapter 18 | Effortlessly Elegant

VINCENZO MARTINELLI

IT'S BEEN THREE perfect weeks with my lovely woman, making it our one month anniversary today. I know one month is just a small milestone, but it's still a milestone nonetheless. She doesn't want to make such a big deal, but I'm obviously going to spoil her a bit extra today.

The best part of her still staying with me this past month has been her sleeping in my bed. Waking up to her beautiful face has been the highlight of every morning. It took some time, but she warmed up to the idea of us sleeping in the same bed.

Hearing the lift chime from the kitchen, I make my way out of the kitchen to see who is trying to come in. Angelo and Nicola step out of the lift. "Don," the pair say, bowing their heads.

I nod in acknowledgement. "Hm, what's with the shopping bags?" I ask, eyeing the multiple shopping bags in their hands.

They lift their heads. "Nyx asked us to get her a few things," Angelo states with ease.

"Miss Manson," I correct, and they shrink back due to the harshness of my tone. I take a few bags from their grasp and tell them to follow me.

When I reach the top of the staircase, I see my woman tiptoeing her way across the hallway towards my bedroom. There's nothing but a small towel wrapped around her body that happens to expose the curve of her perfect ass.

"Leave!" I bark at the two men behind me before they can even see her. Nyx halts in her steps, looking over at me with wide eyes. The pair place the bags beside me with no hesitation and run down the stairs faster than I've ever seen them run away from me.

"Enzo?" She calls out to me. I look to where her hand holds the towel up just above her breasts. I swallow and look to the side, wishing I could bend her over right now and slip between her walls.

I'm too horny.

"Are those the things I asked Nicola and Angelo to get for me?" She eyes the bags around me.

I nod. "Baby, come here." She hesitates for a moment, but she starts walking to me. She soon stands in front of me, her gaze on our feet. "Where were you going?" I question.

Her lips pout out a bit. "I thought I could wear your clothes because my other clothes are dirty," she whispers, her eyes still not on mine.

Without warning, I wrap my hand around her neck, gently pressing down on her pulse. She moans softly, her eyes fluttering up to meet mine. I remove my hand from her neck because I've gotten what I wanted. I lift my hand up to her chin instead and pull her head closer to my own.

"I don't like it when you don't look me in the eye."

"Sorry," she mutters while rolling her eyes.

I wrap my arm around her waist. "Mmh, I don't like that either," I state as I draw her body closer to mine. "Got a little attitude today."

"So?" She mutters, a playful look bouncing around in her golden like eyes. "Get over it, Vincenzo," she spits. I see what she's trying to do, but I'm not going to give her the satisfaction of riling me up.

I smirk as I lean closer to her neck. I lick a strip from the base of her neck to the back of her ear, placing a small kiss there. "Hmm, where did my good girl go?" I whisper, and she softly whimpers.