It's Just a Hangout... Right? (Ch. 4)

[..1...8..022..]

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Toya's alarm clock started going off, signaling it was time for him to wake up.
After a bit more waiting and the alarm still going on sunshine peeps through the windows and Toya finally wakes up to turn it off.

Toya's POV:

"Hm.?"
Rubbing my eyes and still a bit drowsy I glance over to my alarm clock seeing that the time was now 7:50am.

("Oh shit- I'M GOING TO BE SO LATE FOR SCHOOL IF I DONT  HURRY UP!")

I quickly run downstairs to put some toast in and then rush back to my room to change into my uniform.

("Shit, shit, shit- I'm going to be so late class starts in 10 minutes and I bet Akito already left and went to school after waiting for me.)

I run back downstairs into the kitchen and make some toast with jelly before speeding out the door.

"I'M SOO LATE, PLEASE LET ME ARRIVE ON TIME!" I mumble to myself.

1/4 of the way there, I realized I forgot my phone-
Without thinking much I run back home to go get it.

Fully out of breath I hurry into my room and grab my phone from the table it was on charging.

Before running back out my house I received a notification. Glancing over to see who it was from, hoping it could be possibly from Akito questioning him why I wasn't there yet but... unfortunately it wasn't, it was from my father telling me to go practice piano since it was the weekend.

I roll my eyes over in annoyance

"I obviously ain't going to pay attention to that old man so why bother even look?" I say annoy.

("WAIT-!? ITS THE WEEKEND?")

I turn of my phone and then turn it back on to see it was actually the weekend.

————————————————————————-
| _______________________________|
| |
| |
|     8:12 |
| |
| January 8, 2022. |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| swipe to unlock —> |
| ______________________________ |
| _______ |
| / \ |
| | | |
| \________/ |
| |
| ______________________________  |

("IT ACTUALLY IS THE WEEKEND!?, HOW COME I DIDNT LOOK AT MY PHONE EARLIER?")

I facepalmed.