Chapter three

Cassidy's POV
I woke up this morning with an uneasy feeling in my stomach. Like as if something might have happened or I will hear some bad news from someone.

My phone rang, so I picked it up.

Chris- "morning Foxy, did you sleep well last night?"

Cassie: "morning Chris. Yeah, I slept pretty well, what about you?"

Chris- "Me? Yeah, I slept fine too."

Cassie- "You still on for lunch today?"

Chris- "about that, my family made plans for today, I gotta fly to New York to stay with me for a week."

Cassie- "that's okay, say hi to your family for me."

Chris- "Thanks, will do Cass. Again, I'm sorry."

Cassie- "It's okay, family comes first."

I smile as the call ended quickly, only because he got another call which I assumed was from his mum.

I got up and made my bed. Then, I walked into the bathroom so that I can take a shower.

*a few minutes later*

It was 11:50 AM when I finished picking out my outfit. It was just a pair of leathered pants fitted with a white cropped tank top. I put a black jacket over the top.

I decided to just do a little bit of shopping, I took my sunglasses for a little disguise.

I grabbed my purse, keys and phone then put it all in a small bag. I left my house and locked the door, after putting on some black heels, I walked around until I saw a small cafeteria.

It was a café I used to go to all the time with my brother back in high school and anytime we hung out.

I looked inside and it was still as empty as ever. I walk inside the shop, taking my sunglasses off in the process.

"Hello, welcome to café dine, what would you–"

I looked at the person behind the counter.

She was wearing a red and black shirt with the café dining logo. The eyes were as blue as ever, with a tint of green around the blue, and the black hair short hair was seen from a mile away.

"Cassidy? I-Is that you? Oh god, what am I saying? Of course, it is!" The girl's voice was bright and cheerful. I recognise her very well.

"Eleanor Bate. How's life been?" I smiled at my best friend. She smiled and replied happily cheerful.

"Pretty good, my best friend finally is pursuing her long life dream, so it's pretty amazing having a famous best friend." She crossed her arms smirking.

I chuckled at her humour. She was truly one of a kind. One of her own, it was amazing.

"Anyways, order something or else my boss will think I'm slacking off again." I smile and check the menu.

"I'll just get a hazelnut latte with almond milk and one cinnamon roll please." She nodded and looked at the cash register.

"That'll be, $6.32" I grabbed my purse and handed her the cash, I got $3.40 back in return.

I move aside and waited for my order to be done.

Once they called it out, I grabbed my stuff and sat down more inside the café.

I realise that my phone kept ringing. I answer it.

H: "hey, Cass. How's back home feeling like?"
C: "Great, I'm just having breakfast at my best friend's cafe."
H: "That sounds nice. I just wanted to call you since I got nothing to do here at the hotel."
C: "Oh, you're still there?"