ೃ⁀➷ i. despite a thousand years

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•

there have been many whispers about the tribrid; creature of all. many believed her to be true, that there was someone with the power of a witch, werewolf and a vampire. but majority believed her to be false, that nature would not allow such an abomination to walk their earth.

there were rumors, rumors that it was she that caused the annihilation of the dinosaurs. that she was capable of wiping out an entire country in a matter of hours. that she was just waiting, in the shadows, for the right time to confirm herself to the world.

she had people worshiping her, centuries old vampires awaiting for her upcoming. while she also had people debunking rumors of her existence. for over centuries of centuries, the majority of those that knew of the supernatural world have debated about her.

sometimes she, herself, would join in on the debates. give them false leads, tell them to look for someone with red hair or someone who was over 6ft. sometimes, if the person she was speaking to was lucky, she'd give them real information.

more often than not, she was in the shadows, lurking. but she was not waiting for the perfect time to strike and kill the world. no, she was hiding. the allure of the tribrid would cause others to think she would not hide from anything, from anyone.

but she was. she was hiding from the one person that could cause her undoing without even uttering a single word.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•

france always had a strong pull on her. she had history in it and it had history of her in it. every few hundred years, she would go back to the western europe country and bathed in the beauty it's country had to offer.

it was a rare thing for her to feel a sense of peace—much less have the actual thing. but here she was, her body soaked with the lavender scented bubbles and her head rested against the side of the bathtub.

beside her marbled bathtub, there was a miniature bathtub. inside it, a small creature was swimming with a bunch of rubber ducks. why are you staring at me? the dog, nick, said through the psychic link she made after getting the pomeranian.

astrid lets out a groan as the ringing of her phone brought her out of her daze. her eyebrows furrowed at the technologically advanced radio. no one, that she was aware of, knew what her number was—not even her. she only had that silly thing to pretend to be more human.

she picked up and accepted the call but said nothing, waiting for whoever was on the other line to speak up.

the caller eventually did, after a few seconds. "hello?"

without hesitating, she took a deep breath. "hello, bill forbes."

"yes, hello," bill forbes said. he didn't question how she knew who he was, there was alot about astrid that mere mortals would not understand.