ೃ⁀➷ viii. the vampire hunter

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

astrid had hoped to spend at least a year in france. but, her hopes were crushed when hayley marshall got a call that basically confirmed tyler lockwood was in danger. and klaus made his hybrids protect him.

what kind of threat were the mystic gang under for klaus to assist them? astrid thought as she sat in her airplane seat; the window, of couse. she glanced down at the book on her food tray and her phone beside it.

while she was in no mood to read about ms daphne bridgerton, she was in the mood to text stefan salvatore.

hey

stefan(ie)
astrid??

whats up

stefan(ie)
you've been gone for months,
while tyler has come back and
you just say whats up???

ok calm the hero hair...
i also said hey
anyways, how's damon?

stefan(ie)
gee thanks, astrid, i feel the love :)

oh come on, you know
we aren't on good terms right now...
i just wanted to know how he was doing

stefan(ie)
yeah well you and me both
damon and i haven't been... getting along
ever since elena turned

elena turned!?
why tf did no one tell me?

stefan(ie)
you leave town unannounced, you get left out
on the town updates

rude

stefan(ie)
why'd you text anyways?

oh right
i'm otw

stefan(ie)
???

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•

when astrid arrived in mystic falls the second time that year, she wasn't greeted the same way. damon salvatore was not there to explain anything to her, it was just the owner of the car the group of three rented.

you're thinking of damon salvatore again, nick thought as astrid placed the bags inside the car. the dog then turned to barry wright, who was helping astrid place the bags inside, why can't you just love someone like him? he's nice.

too nice, astrid thought, but didn't add anything to it.

as they drove past the town, astrid wondered just how much she missed. with elena turning, the tribrid was sure the mystic gang was up to no good, as per usual. and instead of telling her great-nephew about her arrival, she decided not to. just for the fun of it.