ೃ⁀➷ vii. not his to lose

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•

astrid smiled as she watched tyler lockwood pack his things. the main reason she went out of hiding was to help the boy take control of his sire bond, and over the course of a few weeks, he has. and now that he was no longer sired to klaus, he was going back to mystic falls.

but astrid wasn't going with him.

she and barry wright had a conversation about how she had tendencies of running away. she ran away from klaus in the old world, she ran away from barry in the 15th century, and she ran away from damon in 1983. now, she was running from both klaus and damon, who were in mystic falls.

her relationship these past couple days with barry was... complicated. they have been... friendly. they were acting as though they were friends and nothing more. while one was okay, the other wanted to jump off their hotel balcony and not wake up.

"i'm proud of you, ty," astrid said as tyler finally finished packing. she opened her arms wide and the two of them laughed as they hugged. "if there was anyone that could break the bond, i knew it would be you."

"we're all proud of you," hayley said as she leaned against the door, smiling at them.

all three of them (werewolf, hybrid, and tribrid) turned to the only vampire in the room, who was chilling on tyler's bed. feeling everyone's eyes on him, barry looked up from his phone and shrugged, "yeah, proud of you, bro. loved the part where you bit me a thousand times."

tyler's cheeks tinted, embarrassed. "look, i'm sorry—"

"oh, shut up, barry. you can't even die from werewolf bites; you're welcome by the way," astrid said.

"yeah, but i could've!"

"but you didn't!" hayley interjected and astrid pointed at the younger girl for emphasis.

"i'm so gonna miss you guys," tyler said, forcing a wide smile as the three of them glanced at the hybrid. "like... choosing between having to hear the three of you consistently arguing or see my girlfriend was such a touch decision."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•

when they—astrid, hayley, and barry—dropped off tyler at the airport, the hybrid was confused when he saw the three of them carrying around their own luggage. even nick's backpack was with the other bags. he didn't say anything the entire car ride, he wasn't sure why, he just didn't want to ruin the karaoke session the three of them were having.

but he became truly curious when they left the truck they used to get to the airport and dragged their luggages with him. "okay, what the hell?" tyler finally snapped as they joined him in the line. "aren't you guys supposed to... you know, go back?"

astrid laughed as though he just said the dumbest thing ever. "go back to that small cabin? in the middle of nowhere? nah, i'm taking these three on a trip."