satan

"So

"So..." I say continuing my bright smile, "Long time no see." Not long enough.

Xander Madden, aka, Satan is and always will be the bane of my existence. We also met in the very early stages of life and well let's just say our introduction to each other didn't go over well. It was the first day of kindergarten, and I was wearing my pretty yellow dress when all of a sudden some boy sprayed a bottle of blue paint all over me. I burst into tears and ran out. I declared that day that I would hate that boy for the rest of my life.

And I kept that promise. Ever since then Xander has been set on making my life a living hell. He tortured me every second he got whether it was pushing me into the pool, ruining my school projects or killing my hamster. Long story.

But I haven't seen him in a bit over a month because I guess he went on a month-long vacation to Greece? Wish he stayed there.

He smirks at me and trails his eyes down the length of my body and back up. I drop my smile and cross my arms over my chest. Ew.

"You haven't changed a bit, love," he says smirking and copying what I did by crossing his arms over his chest. God, his arm muscles really just pop out at you don't they-

I roll my eyes, "You know how much I hate that nickname."

"Why do you think I call you it?" he says raising his eyebrows as he continues to smirk.

"God you're infuriating," I groan.

Okay, he does have an infuriating personality, but his looks? Jesus Christ, now he is the most attractive man I have ever seen. I hate saying it but baby Jesus he is beautiful. Tall, lean, muscular but not too much where it gets scary, bright green eyes, gorgeous smile, the cutest dimples, fluffy brown hair. There is not one unattractive thing about him.

And I hate it.

"Are you just gonna stare at me or tell me what you're doing here? I thought you weren't supposed to be back from Greece for another two weeks?" I question breaking the awkward silence and hopefully breaking the eye contact.

"Hm, looks like someone has been tracking where I've been," he says pushing his tongue into the inside of his cheek.

I scoff, "Oh come on, people talked about you while you were in Greece, I just heard things," I say defending myself. He nods his head in understanding still keeping that stupid smirk on his face.

God, is it hot in here?

He takes in a breath and pushes off the wall, standing up straight, "Why don't you tell me what you're doing here Aria?"

"I asked you first."

"And guess what? I don't care," he says with a smirk taking a step closer.

I take a step back keeping the distance. If he gets any closer he would have the chance to slit my throat with the knife he probably has in his pocket. "If you must know, I'm applying for a lifeguarding position."