Wangshu Inn - Chapter 2

The walk lasted two days straight, the bard could only take a few stops to sleep and catch some food before continuing.

But just as his legs were about to give out he spotted a tall building, which radiated a welcoming feeling, not far away from where he stood.

He hurried his pace, once at the entrance of the building he stepped inside and glanced around.

"Welcome to Wangshu Inn, how may I help you?" A woman's voice said, the male glanced up and spotted her behind a counter. He gave her a smile and walked over.

"Greetings, my name is Venti, Venti the bard. I came from Mondstadt, is there a chance a room in open for me to stay at?" He asked, knowing full well he wouldn't be able to pay.

The women seemed to pause as she placed her head in her hand, she then snapped her fingers.

"Yes, we actually have one room open. Go up those stairs behind you all the way to the top," and she continued to explain how to get to this room. Venti gave her a dip of his head for thanks.

"Thank you, ma'am, but I don't have any mora on me at the moment—" The lady interrupted him with a wave of her hand.

"That's fine, have a nice stay." She said simply. Venti blinked at her for a moment.

"Oh uh- thank you." He said before turning and heading to the room she described.

-

The bard reached for the doorknob, turning it to the side before opening it. He glanced around the room as he walked inside, the room had; a couch, small table with two chairs, a single bed, and two windows.

As Venti walked around and got settled in he found a note on the window sill. He picked it up and began to read.

"Verr Goldet, I will return from my duties shortly. Xiao." Huh, Verr Goldet must be that lady at the counter, but who's Xiao? He thought to himself.

A few moments later a stranger spawned into the room, a dark aura looming around him as he held a polearm in hand. He had returned from fulfilling his duty for that day, he was also severely damaged and beat up from fighting demons all day.

Xiao glanced up and looked at the man standing by the window, he became extremely confused on why stranger was in his room. He walked over to him and placed his hand on Venti's shoulder, but before he could say anything the now startled bard screamed and a large gush of wind flew in from the window.

The wind was stronger then the man expected and Xiao was knocked off his feet and thrown back against a shelf. There was a large loud crash and Venti quickly spun around.

A wave of guilt instantly hit him when he realized the guy who lightly touched him was injured. There was a knock at the door which made both Xiao and Venti look over.

"Hey, is everything okay in there?" A woman's voice asked. Venti answered before Xiao could.

"Yes, everything's okay. I just fell and knocked something over, nothings broken!" He told her, she seems convince and they heard her foot steps slowly fade away.

Xiao looked over at Venti, filled with confusion as Venti went over to him and offered his hand to help him up. Xiao only shook his head and got up himself, brushing himself off lightly. He was covered in blood from head to toe, it wasn't easy to tell if it was his blood or others.

"Hey, I can heal you if you need." The braided male offered, but the damaged male refused his offer quickly. Venti frowned at that when he could clearly see how injured this man was, so he ignored the refusal and went looking for bandages.