Tea at Mt. Aocang - Chapter 5

Venti treaded up the mountain trail, skipping past hilichurls and other monsters as he went. So far he had been undisturbed.

Did Hu Tao misjudge the situation? It doesn't seem like the adepti have any territorial tendencies. Venti thought to himself as he walked along.

Soon enough he came across a dead end and he sighed, soon using elemental power to lift himself up so he could just climb over the cliffs. Once he did reach the top he was met with a stunning view.

The orange and red leaves danced in the wind as they fell from the tree's. The large pond was home to many fish and cranes were perched around the edges. In the middle of the pond was a small island, which held a stone table with stone chairs.

Sitting at said table was a tall, brunette male wearing a suit. He was speaking casually about some topic Venti didn't pick up on, the man was also slowly drinking tea out of a glass tea cup.

Along side the rambling gentleman was a shorter male. Venti quickly recognized both of them. He also recognized the table itself.

Long ago Morax would invite the other archons to have tea and chat, but after the other archons slowly began to disappear it was mostly just him and Morax.

Maybe that's why the adepti didn't approach me, they must have remembered. Venti thought before a wave of guilt hit him. He now felt terrible that he had missed so many of those meetups.

The bard took a deep breath before walking forward. He opened his mouth to speak but before he could say a word Morax had already noticed him.

The tall man paused his conversation and looked over in the direction of the footsteps he had heard. His eyes widened slightly as he stared in the direction of his old friend. Soon the glass tea cup he was holding slipped out of his hands and crashed onto the ground.

This made Venti stop and pause, questioning if he should even speak. He gulped down his fear and hesitantly spoke.

"Ehe... Hello again." Venti nervously spoke, standing a decent distance from the table.

Xiao blinked as he put his cup down, starring at the two with a confused expression. How does Venti know Rex Lapis..?

The tall brunette smiled as he calmed down from his state of shock.

"Hello. I apologize, it has been awhile." He said to the bard, which laughed in return.

"Heheh.. yeah, sorry about that." He apologized as he walked over and took a seat at the table.

Xiao once again glanced at both of them with a confused expression, he then looked at the taller male.

"Rex— ahem. Zhongli, how do you know Venti?" The yaksha asked, curiosity straining his thoughts.

Both Venti and Zhongli made mental note of each others new mortal name.

"Ah yes, I'm sorry I never tried to introduce you two before. Venti is an old friend of mine from Mondstadt, we used to meet here quite often." Zhongli explained as he poured Venti a cup of tea, and replacing the cup he had accidentally broke. He then gave his old friend the tea.

"Thanks, but yeah, me and Zhongli were friends way back when." He took a sip of the tea. "Anyway, how is everyone?"

Zhongli shrugged his shoulders as he blew on his tea, watching the steam flow away from the cup.

"I'm feeling just fine." He explained, but since neither of them heard Xiao they both looked at him.

Xiao was a little startled at this but didn't show much of the discomfort he was feeling.

"I'm fine as well." He replied, struggling the find the right words.

"Hmm.." Venti pondered for a moment as he placed his half dranken tea up down. He kept his gaze at Xiao as he thought. "Xiao, how is it that you've managed to travel up the mountain so easily? Are you perhaps an adeptus?"

It wasn't long before Xiao made up his mind and he nodded.

"Yes."

Venti's face soon beamed as a bunch of questions rolled into mind, he began to say all of them out loud. The questions were along the line of; How old are you? Are you friends with the other adepti? How long have you been an adeptus? Etc.

Before Venti could continue any further Zhongli quickly stopped him, which was the result in a light swat to the head.