One last dance - Chapter 10

ANYONE ELSE SEE THE TRAILER? I screamed so loud when I saw them on screen together. Anyways, I apology for the very extended wait, enjoy.

It was just about mid day, the sun was at its highest and the breeze was smooth. The city of liyue was lively, practically all shops were open and the streets were full of people.

Venti had been going through the streets for one last stroll before his departure, this stroll included saying goodbye to friends. Crossed off his list were Yanfei and Hu Tao, Venti was now looking for the old man Morax.

While passing by the book house Venti spotted Hu Tao again, this time accompanied by two young boys with blue hair. One boy had short straight hair with a navy hue, the other had an icy hue.

Venti smiled at them before continuing, after some more walking he finally spotted the man he was looking for. At a table by himself was a tall distinguished man slowly sipping some tea.

"Zhongli!" The bard called, walking over while waving his hand high in the air. Zhongli lifted his head and glanced over, a small smile appearing on his face as he gestured to the seat next to him with his hand.

"Venti, a pleasant surprise." Venti smiled as he took the seat, positioning himself neatly. "What had you searching for me?"

"Oh, well I have been in liyue for almost a week now, so I decided I should head back to Mondstadt soon."

"Oh I see, have you broken the news to Xiao?"

"Not yet, when I woke up this morning he wasn't beside me, I think he's out purging." Zhongli paused and put his cup down, glancing at Venti with a questioning look.

"Beside you? Have you too been resting in the same bed?"

".. yes? We've been doing that for three or four nights now, is that abnormal?"

The man gave the bard a strange look.

'Is that abnormal?' Well yes, I would find resting with an adeptus so casually abnormal. Even if Barbatos' himself is a god it's strange to sleep with ones from other nations. I don't remember Barbatos being so dull.

"I would suggest so. You don't see me resting beside your knights when I visit."

"Oh, guess I've never thought too deeply about it." Venti kinda puzzled on the topic, being with Xiao just came naturally. "Should I apologize to you or..?"

"No, if you two have been doing this almost the entire stay then it's clear you're both comfortable." Zhongli answered as he rested his hands against the small warm cup.

Venti nodded with a small sigh of relief. Zhongli seems slightly upset, well he is like a father to Xiao. Your friend getting close and personal with your son can be frustrating...

"I should go and try and find Xiao, see you another time, Zhongli." He said as he got up, brushing himself off before he began to walk away.

"Safe travels, old friend." Venti heard Zhongli reply, so he raised his hand and made a peace sign before putting his hand back down and whistling a tune.

-

Walking into Wangshu Inn Venti went around saying goodbyes to the lovely people who helped him.

It was now close nightfall, knowing Xiao's general schedule Venti went out onto the balcony to wait for him.

After a moment Venti sighed, he was going to miss this. Seeing Xiao was like a blessing, no, it was a blessing.

The god gazed longingly as the sun set, watching the beautiful gorge and pink sky fade into dark blue.

Just as the sun faded the yaksha appeared, recognizing the sound Venti turned. The two locked eyes, a breeze blowing past them.

"You.. you were waiting for me?"

"Ah, yes I was." The bard felt red bloom onto his cheek from embarrassment. "I need to tell you something, actually."

Xiao now seems intrigued, moving over to where Venti was he stood next to him. "I have to return to my nation, I feel as I have been gone for far to long already."

This was not what Xiao expected, but now knowing Venti was leaving now would be the only time to ask the question he put off.

"Before you leave.. could you do something for me?"

"Hm?" He looked at Xiao curiously, not being able to guess what Xiao could want.

"That night at Dihua marsh.. could we, recreate it? It's a strange request but I wish to dance to your music." He struggled not to stutter as asking for such a task from an archon felt awkward.

"A wish from your dreams?" Venti asked with a soft smile, which Xiao slowly nodded to.

The bard then took the yaksha's hand in his, more then happy to assist his beloved companion.

-

The two traveled the brisk walk to the place in Dihua Marsh, Xiao handed Venti the flute and he made his way to the large rock.

Upon sitting on the stone a wave of déjà vu hit the both of them. Bringing the flute up to his lips Venti began to play the lovely tune.

Waving his hand over his face the yaksha's mask appeared on Xiao, as the music flowed through the wind he began to dance.

Peeked an eye to gaze at Xiao, seeing him so peaceful while dancing freely truly made Venti very happy.

As the melody flowed even the citizens in Liyue harbor could hear the beautiful music. Some of the people glanced around to see where it was coming from, while others just closed their eyes and enjoyed it.

Zhongli sighed happily has he heard the song.
So this is the melody Xiao speaks so highly of, it truly is beautiful.