Peculiar Guests

Ada - Father/Daddy
Annon allen! - I give thanks to you!

At the edge of a narrow gorge of the Bruinen River, but well hidden in the moorlands and foothills of the Misty Mountains was Rivendell, a place of peace and sanctuary to everyone, everyone but one young Princess who viewed the place as a cage in ...

At the edge of a narrow gorge of the Bruinen River, but well hidden in the moorlands and foothills of the Misty Mountains was Rivendell, a place of peace and sanctuary to everyone, everyone but one young Princess who viewed the place as a cage in which she had been trapped like a bird with its wings clipped. She only dreamed of the day she'd be able to go out and explore, she was supposed to be peaceful and graceful yet she dreamed of running free through the woods and fighting off enemies and dangerous creatures like the elves of Mirkwood. She was skilled with a bow and arrow as well as swords, daggers, and other weapons which she often had to sneak off to find. This princess was none other than Eithriel, daughter of Lord Elrond the elven king of Rivendell.

Eithriel stood on one of the few towers, viewing the far-off lands and fantasizing about an adventure. "Adventures are not for young ladies, especially not princesses" her father would say, but what did he know? Surely there were plenty of warrior princesses in Middle Earth. Eithriel had hoped to become one of them. Her freedom was so limited within the protection of Rivendell, that she couldn't even choose who she wanted to love— her father had already chosen who she was to marry; Legolas, the prince of Mirkwood. She had only met him once and hated him with every fiber of her being. He was too much like his cold and bitter father, she thought. There was little chance he could change.

"Eithriel! Come, we have guests and we must prepare dinner for them," Her father's voice called from behind her. "Coming, ada" she responded, turning to follow her father to the dining hall. There she found herself looking at about 13 dwarves, a hobbit, and... Gandalf! Eithriel beamed at the sight of Gandalf, just as she always had. He always used to tell her about his adventures, and often times he'd bring her something from one of them. She excitedly went over to the old wizard and greeted him. "Gandalf! What brings you here?" she asked. He gave her a soft smile and replied "A new adventure! Eithriel, meet Bilbo Baggins, and Thorin Oakenshield," he introducedboth the dwarf and the Hobbit that sat at the table with him and her father.

She waved at them as the other elves set the table, placing salads and fruits for the party to enjoy. "Eithriel, that's a pretty name," the Hobbit spoke. "Annon allen!" Eithriel replied, thanking Bilbo. She could feel a scowl from the Dwarf king on her; she looked at him for a of couple seconds before looking away. "Why don't you go and join Julian. You can help entertain the company or something," her father told her, which pretty much meant "get out of here". There was a peaceful harp playing, which the dwarves seemed to dislike it as one of them called out "change the tune why don't you! I feel like I'm at a funeral!" to which the peaceful music abruptly stopped.

"Change the tune you say? Well then! Don't mind if I do!" Julian called out, motioning for Eithriel to join him, to which she did. The two of them didn't really like the peaceful music either, in fact, they were rarely called to entertain company together as their music was too upbeat; not very calm and pretty. Eithriel smiled as she walked over to her friend. "Which one shall we do?" he asked, smiling softly. "I've got it!" she exclaimed before starting the song, Julian would soon join in on his lute.