|| 0:02

"Oh my gosh. Where's Tanner?" I ask.

"Right here." He says.

"Dude, come here. Where's my hug?"

Tanner smiles and awkwardly walks over to me. I give him a quick hug and pat him on the head.

"Hi."

"Hello." he giggles.

I laugh and look back at Walker.

"Okay, guys. Let's go." Peter says.

We follow the adults to our van, and everyone puts their luggage in the trunk.

I grab Walker's arm and pull him into the car.

I climb over the first row of seats and buckle my seat belt.

He laughs and sits down next to me.

Leena, Tanner, and Peter are in the middle row, and mom and Heather are in the front.

This is so nice, just like it was before Walker got famous. I'm sure he's happy to be home. It seems like it's been way longer than it actually has.

"So..." I say, smiling at him.

"So..."

"Tell me about filming The Adam Project. How was it meeting Ryan Reynolds??"

"It was amazing! Ryan is so cool-"

"I bet! The movie was so good, by the way. Your lines were hilarious."

"Sorry!" I say, realizing I just cut him off.

"It's okay!" He laughs, putting his hand on my leg, "Thanks."

"Anyway...The whole cast was great. I loved working with them, and it was so much fun!"

TIME SKIP —

We got back to our neighborhood and dropped Walker and his family off at their house. They're coming over for dinner tonight, so I've got to clean my room.

My mom unlocked the front door, and I sprinted inside and up the stairs.

"Slow down!" My mom yelled.

"Sorry!"

It's almost 5:15. Walker's coming over at 6:00, so I don't have too much time.

I turn on my radio and sing along while I pick up the clothes on my floor. My rooms actually not that messy, so I should be finished pretty quickly. I got Walker a present too, so I have to add one last thing to it. I basically bought a journal 4 months ago and wrote entries every day...Mostly about stuff that happened at school and with our friends. I also wrote letters to him in it every month. He can read it and get caught up on everything he missed while he was gone.

Basically, everything in my room just got shoved into my closet...hopefully mom doesn't open it. I made my bed and carried the collection of water bottles that has started on my nightstand downstairs.

"Oh my God, Kady. Why do you need so much water?!"

"So I don't shrivel up and die from dehydration," I say, throwing them all in the trash.

My mom shakes her head and starts emptying the dishwasher.

The only thing left to do is my laundry. I go back upstairs, get my basket, and dump all the clothes in the washing machine.

Boom. Done. Finally.

Suddenly the doorbell rings, startling me a bit. I hear talking and sprint down the stairs.

"Slow down!" My mom scolds me.

"Sorry!!"

"Stop saying sorry. Just do it."

"Sorry-" I stop myself and laugh awkwardly.

We all take a seat at the table and eat. Mom made homemade pizza.

"This is delicious, mom," I say, stuffing my face.

"Yeah, thank you." Walker smiles.

"I'm glad you like it"