|| 0:04

"We're leaving!" Walker and I hear from downstairs.

We jump off my bed, and Walker grabs his present. He follows me to the living room. Our parents are talking by the front door.

"Thank you so much for having us," Leena tells my mom.

"Of course!"

Heather puts her arm around Walker, "Have a good night guys. We'll probably see you all tomorrow."

"Yeah, you too." I smile.

I watched them all walk outside onto the sidewalk.

"Did you have fun?" My mom asked.

"Mhmm..."

She started to close the door, and I pushed it back open, running up to Walker.

He turns around and gives me a confused look.

"One more, please."

He laughs and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm sorry...I just missed you so much!"

"Don't say sorry. I don't think I could ever hug you enough."

My face turned a light shade of pink.

"Good night."

"Night." He smiles.

I run back into the house and the screen door slams behind me. I locked the door and started going back up to my room.

"Kady," My mom smiled.

"Yes?"

"You like him, don't you?"

"Of course I like him. He's my best friend." I say, playing dumb.

She gives me that look. The look your parents give you when they are a hundred percent positive they know something. It confuses me because if they already know the answer to the question, why the heck do they still ask the question??

"Alrighty, bye." I sprint upstairs.

My room is still as clean as it was when everyone got here. I probably won't have to clean it for a few days...yay.

I put on an oversized tee-shirt and black sweat shorts. I brush my teeth and my hair, then I get into bed. I grab a book off my nightstand and open the first page. I stare at it for a second, then put it back. I stare at my ceiling for a while before falling asleep.

TIME SKIP —

"Kady. Kady! Kady, wake up."

I roll over, ignoring my mom.

"Walkers here." She sighs.

"What?" I sit up.

She chuckled, "Get up!"

I pulled the covers off myself and got out of bed.

My mom started walking away.

"Wait. Is he really here?"

"Nope."

"MOM!" I roll my eyes and walk into the bathroom.

I do my skincare routine and put on lipgloss and mascara. I kinda forgot to do my skincare last night...but it's fine.

I go downstairs and make myself a bagel. It's already 1:00, so this is basically my lunch.

"Are we out of cream cheese?"

"Yeah, I've got to go to the store to get some later."

I groan and eat my plain bagel.

My friend has a basketball game from 3:00 - 5:00, so I have to go to that soon. Until then, I just binge-watch supernatural.

TIME SKIP —

"You're gonna be late!" My mom yells.

"I can't find any socks!!"

I run around my room, throwing things everywhere. Finally, after like three whole minutes of searching for socks, I was ready.

"Can I invite Walker?" I ask as we're literally walking out the door.

"KaDy! You do everything so last minute."

"I know! I'm sorry! But can he come?"

"Fine." My mom shakes her head- she does that a lot.

"Yes!!"

We get in the car, and my mom pulls into Walker's driveway. I get out and run up to his door. I knock, and Leena answers.

"I'mgoingtomyfriendsbasketballgameandiwaswonderingifwalkerwantedtocome?" I asked super quickly.

"Slow down, Kady. What?" She laughs.

"Sure!" Walker says, putting his shoes on.

"Okay!" I smile.

"I'm so confused."

"We're going to a basketball game, Leena. Tell mom and dad." We ran to my car and got in the backseat.

"How did you understand that?" She says, closing the door.

"Ready?" My mom asks.

"Yep!" We both say.