43 | Revenge of the Forgotten Lands

"It seems like your sweet niece gained a new friend again," a voice coming from behind Aja spoke.

"I can see that," Aja groaned as she sat in front of the Sacred Gem of Dreams and her eyes closed.

"I told you that it wasn't a nice idea to let Cithara go with that false emperor," the voice added, "Why didn't you just continue to lock her up?!"

"Are you sure about that, Azarel?" Aja grinned. "Haven't you remembered that for her to help us in doing our plans, I have to earn her trust?"

"And why did you ban that Alvierus?" Azarel asked.

"Well, he's annoying me! And if he stays another month here, he might ruin our plans!" Aja answered. "Don't worry about him, I can assure you that he'll not notice what we are doing because he is focused between Cithara and the plans that I'll be launching soon."

"Haven't you heard about a sorcerer coming from the name Alistair? I'm sure that you are not prepared for that!" said Azarel. He seemed to be teasing the annoyed Aja.

"A sorcerer? Ha!" she smirked, "Perhaps he doesn't even know how to use his power and doesn't know about the most powerful magics of the Immortal Realm!"

"Is that so?" asked Azarel as he leisurely stepped away from the shadows of the room. "What if I tell you that he's one of those creatures who live in the Mortal realm to protect those Mortals?"

Aja's eyes widened, her heart beating fast. "Since we will do the coronation tomorrow night, I've been pondering what if we can do our plan at that same time!" she spoke. "We just have to make sure that the newly-chosen Avallons will come!"

"I love your strategy, my hara!" Azarel greeted.

"By tomorrow night, all Enchantria will witness the revenge of the forgotten lands!" Aja beamed before letting out a devilish laugh.

Meanwhile, at the depths of the ocean floor came the tension beginning to rise as the sun wiped out the darkness of the skies.

"Sefira! Sefira, wake up!" one of the crew shouted with a sense of fear heard in her voice. She tugged the lady that was lying on the floor as fast as she could, hoping that she could wake her up.

Sefira found herself on the deck's floor, making one of the starboard cannons her pillow. "What happened?" As she was about to rub her eyes, the lady in front of her grabbed her arm as if something was wrong.

"There's a group of Mithrian ships in front of our way moving 10. 5 knots and is heading towards us!" the girl reported.

Realizing what she had done earlier that night, Sefira immediately pushed herself up and went towards the ship's bow.

In front of her stood five Mithrian galleys within 330 yards in front of them. "Turn the ship eastward!" she ordered, signaling the neophyte Wil to turn the wheel.

As soon as the signal was received, the ship was finally heading East. However, as they head towards freedom, the lookouts spot another group of ships heading towards them from the same direction that they were sailing. "Unknown ships ahead, 500 yards from our coordinates and sailing for about 12 knots!" one of the Mithrians that was assigned at the crow's nest yelled.

"We've been trapped!" Wil groaned.

"Those are probably Elvish ships. The Mithrian government must have alerted them!" Sefira spoke.

"Wil, you have a plan for this situation, right?" Cithara reminded.

With all the pressure inside his mind, Wil became speechless. "Wil?" Cithara added.

"Cithara, can you use your gems to teleport us or something?" Sefira asked.

"N-No. I haven't figured out a way to make it work for more than one person," Cithara replied sadly.

"You can try it," Sefira insisted.

"Sefira, the power of the gems are not to be messed with, especially for those who don't know its magic," Cithara explained.

"Well then," said Sefira, averting her eyes from Cithara. "Hoist the flag! We are heading to a battle for freedom!"

"But Sefira, there are children here and also elderly people," Cithara reminded.

"I- I forgot about that," Sefira gasped, gesturing her men to abort her recent command. "I- I don't know what to do!" she panicked.

"My lady, the galleys were gaining on us!" The lookout shouted to Cithara.

"I'm not a good captain. I- I can't do this!" Sefira spoke in fear as she tried to keep herself calm; her hands were trembling, and her heart was pounding rapidly.

When all hope seemed lost, a group of flying creatures flew above the sky, attacking the ships surrounding them. One by one, the ships were sunken and dragged towards the abyss.

"We're saved!" the people cheered.

The crew was filled with happiness. They had escaped from another certain demise.

"Thanks to the gods and goddesses, we're still alive!" Sefira beamed in excitement.

Happiness and cheers might have won, but the minds of the others were still filled with dread; athirst for revenge and justice.

"For a second there, I thought that we would all be sunken towards the ocean," said Marivielle.

"But we didn't, so we should all cheer up," Cithara replied.

"To be honest, I don't know the reason why those ships were unto us," Marivielle stated. "I guess I'll just head towards my bed and get a nice sleep."

"Okay, but... it's now morning," Cithara reminded.

"I know," Marivielle spoke before letting out a yawn, "but I need to complete my sleep cycle. I still need to sleep for about... for about an hour!"

"Bien lunien," she greeted.

"Bien lunien," replied Cithara with a grin on her face as she leisurely marched downstairs.

As soon as she lost sight of her new mermaid friend, Cithara's gaze dropped towards the worried Sefira who was staring at the horizon. She leaned close to the railings and gently patted Sefira's back. But before she could even do that, Sefira caught sight of her, making her abort what she was planning.

"A-Are you..."

"I'm alright!" Sefira interrupted.

"Okay," said Cithara, gently turning her back away from the lady.

"Ladies, we had reached the Elven Kingdom!" Wil alerted.

From the decks of the ship, they caught a scene of the place they were heading. It was a scene filled with glowing crystals and tall buildings. They might have reached Everdaile, but what they will do next still lingered inside their minds.

•○GLOSSARY○•

⚔️ Hara
- Liberian word: Queen

⚔️ Bien lunien
- Elven word: Good night