10 | Take Me Home

War is like a fire; if you do not put aside your weapons, they will eventually consume you

– Li Chuan, Tang Dynasty

•☽────✧˖°˖☆˖°˖✧────☾•

In the last days of autumn, a serene atmosphere enveloped the entire Southern Lands. The air carried the gentle rustling of golden leaves, dancing freely on the breeze, while the coolness of the southwesterly wind brought solace to the souls of every creature.

As the sun slowly ascended in the dark skies, its radiant light replaced the darkness, signaling a new beginning. For the Liberians, it was a time of slumber and rest. However, for the other Immortals, it marked the beginning of their day, as they rose to carry out their daily routines.

From the top of the palace's tower, Cithara watched the sun's ascent, its rays spreading across the land like a bird taking flight for the first time. Though her mind urged her to succumb to sleep, the joy and excitement bubbling within her fought valiantly against the fatigue, refusing to let it take hold.

"Cithara!" a voice called out from below.

Cithara's attention shifted downward, where she spotted her aunt, adorned in a more elegant attire than ever before.

"We will be departing soon. You should join us down here," Aja urged.

With a sense of excitement, Cithara rose from her perch on the tower, her blue bouffant gown matching the captivating hue of her eyes. She descended the stairs of the five-story castle, her royal blue kitten-heeled shoes clicking against the steps, her hair swaying with each skip.

"Finally! I can't contain my anticipation to see the new Everdailean castle and experience it firsthand!" Cithara exclaimed joyfully as she approached her aunt, who awaited her at the castle entrance.

"We will depart as soon as the guards have gathered enough gems to teleport us to Everdaile," Aja informed Cithara.

Cithara's eyes sparkled with excitement as she offered her new invention as an alternative to transporting the gems without causing harm to other creatures.

"Cithara," Aja sighed, her tone tinged with concern. "I have told you numerous times before that your... your inventions... they can be dangerous at times."

Aja's voice shifted as she reminded Cithara of past incidents. "Remember when you attempted to create a flying machine?" Aja continued. "Or the time when your tinkering nearly caused a fire in the southern village?"

The words struck Cithara like tiny, painful arrows, piercing her heart. She remained silent, fearful that her aunt's patience would wear thin if she persisted.

After a brief pause, two guards emerged, carrying a basket filled with gems of various colors and shapes. As Cithara's gaze fell upon it, a mysterious sensation coursed through her, causing her to tremble involuntarily.