Chapter 26 | Familgia Dinner

NYX MANSON

PAOLO FOLLOWS ME to the kitchen while the men stay in the living room to discuss some of their work matters with Loredana and Aurora quietly sitting by them. “I can give you a quick snack before I get started on dinner,” I say to Paolo as he sits on one of the island stools.

He nods happily, and I smile before walking to the fridge. I open th fridge and look around for something Paolo can snack on while I make dinner for everyone.

“What do ten year olds eat?” I ask myself while looking through the fridge.

“Ice cream!” Paolo pipes.

I look back at him. “Not before dinner.” He frowns and folds his arms. Finally, deciding on what to give, I pull out some carrot sticks. He immediately shouts no at me. I frown and place the carrot sticks in a bowl. I find some hummus, and he folds his arms.

I put the bowl of carrots and hummus in front of him, and his frown deepened. “Zia, I don't like carrots,” he whines while pushing the bowl away.

“They aren't that bad,” I try to convince him, but he shakes his head. “Fine,” I sigh and take the carrots from him. I laugh when I see his wide smile. “Eat whatever you want, but no junk food,” I state.

Paolo hops off his stool and opens one of the cabinets in search of something to eat. I don't believe I just let a ten year old walk all over me, but he's so cute, so I'll let it slide this time.

“What is he doing?” Vincenzo asks as he walks in with a smile.

I smile at him. “Looking for something to eat.”

“There's chips in the third cabinet,” he says to Paolo, who smiles widely.

“Paolo, you can't have a bag of chips before dinner,” I say when he pulls a giant pack of chips out of the cabinet.

He pouts. “But zia!” He whines. Are we sure that this boy is ten, because he's acting like a five year old.

I sigh. “Fine.” He smiles victoriously and opens the bag of salted chips. “Ten year old, my ass,” I mutter under my breath.

“I heard that,” Paolo says without looking up from his chips.

“Anyway amore, I think it's time you officially move in,” Vincenzo says while wrapping around my waist. I laugh and slowly shake my head. “Come on piccola fiamma, I know you like staying here, so just move in. If you ever feel like leaving, I'll let you,” he says as his arms come around my body.

He wraps his strong arms around my waist and pulls me closer to his chest. “You don't even have to ask me because I technically live here. As I said last night, you don't want me anywhere besides here with you.”

“Of course,” he whispers, placing a small kiss against my forehead.

Zia, can we stay here tonight? Please zia,” he begs with a pout.

“Why are you asking her and not me?” Vincenzo chuckles.

Nonna said she is the regina, so she owns this place,” he answers with a bit of sass.