| 7 |

When the sun had begun to set in the horizon Jiyeon had walked up to me with a small plate of food for me. I was not sure what half of the food was, but she assured me it was all edible and I wouldn't get sick from it. 

I had barely touched it. The only thing I had actually eaten was small crumbs of Sunoo's bread. I had never truly appreciated how great of a baker he was until now. Maybe it was because I missed him or didn't know when I would ever see him again.

"Mae Soomin," the only other female voice on the ship cooed as a figure sat down beside me, "you haven't touched your dinner."

"In fact... I have," I pointed out and held up the small piece of bread in front of her, "fighting my way through."

"Oh right, you came with the bread," she commented and I nodded at her, "it's really good. The best we've ever had on the boat. You're a wonderful baker."

"I'm not the baker actually... I'm just... the saleswoman," I excused and she hummed, "the baker is Sunoo."

"Your boyfriend?" she questioned and I shook my head.

"Childhood friend," I murmured and looked back out over the water, "we worked for years to establish our business back in England before affording the boat to the island when I was seventeen and he was sixteen. We worked hard to get where we were, but now I'm worried what will happen if I'm never to return again."

"Sunghoon told you, didn't he?" she chuckled and I nodded quietly, "we will return, eventually... we always do. I never thought I'd see my home again, but we've just been there."

"You were from-" I started and she only nodded in return.

"I was from that town as well," she hummed with a small smile, "it's been so long that I don't remember the name even," she snorted and scratched the side of her nose, "but I remembered the houses, that's why I stayed in the Crow's Nest and fixed the rigging..."

"What happened to you? I never saw the ship in my three years here," I pointed out and she only nodded at me.

"I became part of the crew when I was fourteen... about four years ago," she chuckled, "there were more adults on the ship back then."

"But... how?" I frowned in confusion and she only smiled at me.

"I was accused of being a witch," she shrugged, "I was chased through town and hid on the ship until it had sailed off and then there was no way back... it's not like I had a family there so I guess... you have more sorrow than me with leaving the harbour."

"I do miss Sunoo," I murmured quietly and looked down as she just nodded in return.

"You haven't said much about him, but I'm sure he's wonderful," she pointed out and I nodded in agreement, "and I assure you... I'll make sure we return back to your home within a year."

"A year?" I gasped at her and she only nodded.

"We have a busy life you know?" she chuckled and nudged my shoulder softly, "pirates are always on the run."

"Pirates?" I questioned and raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah..." she slowly nodded before realizing my expression, "oh... don't worry. When we return to your harbour we'll make it so you look like a hostage and not someone who lived among us. No worries."

"Am I in danger?" I immediately questioned and she immediately shook her head.

"I've assured your safety," she softly patted my shoulder, "I want another girl around for whatever time we have before going back to your harbour... the boys can be a bit... you know."