| 2.31 |

I let out a small sigh as I undid my belt quietly. Only the rustling of the buckles making sound around me. We had been stuck at sea for the past few days, not moving anywhere as the wind was blowing in the wrong direction according to Jake. Apparently he knew where we were going.

"Long day?" Sunghoon chuckled in amusement and I only shrugged as I pulled out the ribbon that had been holding my hair away from my face all day.

"Just bored I think... we're moving nowhere and I haven't seen land for three weeks. I'm going insane," I pointed out and he let out a small laugh.

"You're not that accostumed to life at sea I see," Sunghoon remarked and I shrugged quietly.

"I am. Just when I still can see land," I reminded and he let out a small laugh as he leaned over and pressed a small kiss to my temple, "don't you like... go crazy at all?"

"Look at the clouds," he reminded, "always helps. It has a enough change to make you get back to your sanity."

A small smile spread on my face before I gave him a small nod. It stayed quiet for a while before fast and rapid footsteps came from outside on the deck. Immediately Sunghoon frowned and I turned towards the door in confusion.

Within seconds loud and constant banging on our door sounded out. I sent Sunghoon a weird glance before I heard Sunoo yell for me on the other side of the door. Without hesitation I quickly rushed over and opened the door.

"What is it? Are you alright?" I quickly question as Sunoo gestured his hands about, seeming all panicked, scared and with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Lin..." he breathed out.

"Shit," I murmured before pushing past him and rushing down towards the sleeping chamber, after having seen Jay's head pop up from the food depot.

"Jiyeon needs you," Jay quickly pointed out.

"I know," I waved it off as I rushed into the sleeping chamber and immediately over to where Jungwon was holding up an oil lamp for Jiyeon, who tried to calm down Lin. Blood all over Jiyeon's hands and Lin's shirt, "Jiyeon!"

"Oh thak god Soomin," Jiyeon breathed out, "come over and help, will you?"

I quickly rushed over before Jiyeon shoved Lin's hands into mine. I immediately got the memo and held tightly onto them as Lin tried to fight them back up to her face. Jiyeon immediately got to work with wiping away blood on Lin's face.

"How is there so much blood?" I murmured and looked up towards Jungwon, who immediately shrugged in return.

"It's gonna be fine Lin," Jiyeon calmly assured as she wiped blood away for her dear life.

"I tried not to touch my eyes, I really did," Lin whimpered, "but it was... it was so bad."

"I know darling," Jiyeon cooed, "you did nothing wrong, it was bound to happen."

"What in the world is- holy shit," Sunghoon loudly started before halting his voice. When I looked over my shoulder he was already standing behind me, starring at Lin with widened eyes, and Sunoo a few steps behind him, standing between Jake and Jay.

"Go fetch some cold water, will you?" I questioned and Sunghoon nodded before immediately running off.

"Sunoo?" Lin called out and I looked over towards said boy. Noticing how he immediately grabbed onto his elbows, glancing around worriedly.

"He's here, he's fine," I assured Lin immediately.

"I want Sunoo," she insisted and I nodded quietly before looking over towards Sunoo.

"You have to hold her hands down," I insisted while Sunoo shook his head violently, "Sunoo, she needs you."

It took a few seconds before Sunoo finally gave in and moved over towards us. I gently shoved Lin's hands into his, noticing how they seemed to immediately calm down more and Lin's shoulders dropped from being tensed up.

"Here... cold water," Sunghoon murmured and quickly extended a small bowl towards me. I nodded before rushing over beside Jiyeon with the bowl.

"Thank you," Jiyeon murmured quietly, "I need the medical box."

"Already on it," Sunghoon assured as I had turned to him. I didn't even get to ask him to get the box, he just ran off.

"Sunghoon will be back with it in a moment," I assured quickly and Jiyeon nodded as she soaked her cloth in the bowl of water. Turning the water pink in a matter of seconds.

"Remember to breathe Ji," Jungwon gently called out as Jiyeon's movements became more frantic.

"Shut up," she shortly replied and Jungwon pursed his lips, shaking his head in disbelief.

"She loves you," I reminded, patting his shoulder gently.

"I know," he assured with a small nod, "and she is unbelieveably stubborn."

"I know," I confirmed with a small nod as well.

Without a word Sunghoon ran across the sleeping chamber with the medical box in hands, placing it down beside Jiyeon. Sunghoon didn't get the chance to get up once again before having been pulled down onto his knees by Jiyeon.

"I need a bandage," she quickly snapped her fingers before returning to Jiyeon. Assuring her gently and carefully wiping her eyes with water. 

Quietly I thanked all the higher powers that it was this dark in the room. The oil lamp barely provided any light, making it difficult for anyone too far away to see Lin's eyes properly. I could only imagine how horrifying they looked.

"Cotton too Sunghoon," Jiyeon quickly reminded and Sunghoon nodded as he rumaged through the box.

Quickly they exchangedthe wet cloth for dry cotton and bandages. Jiyeon quietly coaxed Lin through what she was gonna do, getting a small broken hum of understanding from Lin. The whole place was dead quiet as Jiyeon wrapped the white bandage around Lin's head, securing the cotton over her eyes. The only sound was Lin's small gasps for air through her crying. The tears on Sunoo's cheeks almost dried as he watched Lin attentively.

"There," Jiyeon breathed out and dried her hands on her skirt, "I can't do more."

"You did enough," Jungwon quickly assured as he noticed how disappointed Jiyeon looked.

"What's gonna happen now?" Sunoo whispered.

"What always was supposed to happen," Jiyeon admitted as she glanced around the room, "she'll be blind for good."

"What?" Lin's voice was high pitched by fright as Jiyeon had revealed the loss of her sight.

"You can't do anything? Not even let it be blurry?" Sunoo raised his voice slightly.

"Nothing," Jiyeon shook her head quietly.

"But you can fix anything. Do something!" Sunoo yelled out, making Lin flinch as he stood up properly.

Within seconds Jungwon had pulled Jiyeon back beside him by her shoulders and Sunghoon and rushed to kneel beside Sunoo as he placed a stern hand on his torso. Warning him to go any further.

"I can do nothing that I haven't already done," Jiyeon sternly reminded.

"It won't help discussing and yelling about it," Jungwon loudly reminded, "Jiyeon has done everything in her power day and night for your fiancée. If anything she preserved Lin's sight for longer than it would've lasted. The least you can do is thank her."

Despite the dim light I could clearly see the frustration in Sunoo's eyes, both his hands still clutched tightly in Lin's.

"Jungwon's right," Sunghoon sternly reminded, his hair all disheveled from running back and forth constantly, "nothing can be done anymore. It is as it is. Let it be and go to bed."

Jay and Jake seemed to nod in agreement as Sunoo looked towards them in a desperate need for help. I didn't do anything before Sunghoon pushed himself up onto his feet, the medical box closed in his hands. With a small gesture of his head I quietly followed him back up on deck, giving Sunoo's arm a small squeeze as I passed.