| 57 |

I happily rushed across the deck, hiding some fruit in my skirt as I rushed by most of the crew and up to a few boxes that created a small nook hidden from everyone else. Behind the boxes Sunghoon sat with a big grin planted onto his face as I turned the corner and sat down on my knees beside him.

"What did you get?" he questioned and pushed himself up from the boxes to look at what I had hidden in the folds of my skirt.

"Some mango, fig... and these apples that was hiding at the very back," I excused and let the fruit roll out from my skirt, listening as Sunghoon happily laughed when he got out his dagger.

"Mmmm this will be good," he happily spoke as I glanced up at him, smiling the moment I saw his grin.

I quietly watched as he cut up the fruits in mouthful pieces for both of us to sit and share while we continued to sail ahead on the sea. Every once in a while, while he still was cutting up the fruit, Sunghoon would push a small cut piece towards me as a sign that I was to eat it.

"So what are you going to do now that I live?" Sunghoon questioned as he shoved his dagger back into his belt and leaned back with a piece of mango pressed between his fingers.

"What do you mean?" I frowned and fell to the side, leaning on my hip as I grabbed an apple boat and took a bite from it.

"We'll be by your harbour in a few days... possibly even tomorrow," he pointed out, "what are you gonna do? Continue with us or... stay with Sunoo?"

"I don't know yet," I murmured with a small shrug as I let my eyes wander away from him, "I want to stay here... but Sunoo..." I trailed off and looked at him apologetically.

"No no, it's fine. I get it no matter what you choose," he quickly excused as he noticed how I was looking at him, "you grew up with him, your bond is by far much tighter than ours... I would understand if you stay with him. It's fine," he smiled, but not with his teeth.

I kept on looking at him as his eyes drifted down to the fruit he had cut up for us. I knew he was lying when he said that it was alright if I chose to stay in the bakery once we got back again.

"We should throw anchor by the next island," I spoke up and Sunghoon glanced up at me as I picked up a piece of fig yet again, "not one with a city necessarily, but... with a lagoon and pretty nature. We'll go swim in the lagoon."

"Why?" Sunghoon chuckled as he noticed how I was stumbling over my words and slowly getting more and more excited with time.

"Spend time together," I excused with a small laugh, "let's bring Jiyeon and Jungwon as well, then she can see he still isn't on the verge of death, and is actually feeling remarkably fine."

"She's still worried for him?" Sunghoon frowned and I chuckled at him.

"Are you kidding me? She has him under constant surveillance," I laughed and peeked over the boxes to check, "yup, watching him closely."

"Are you serious?" Sunghoon questioned in amusement and scrambled to sit up on his knees as well, looking over the boxes.

Jiyeon stood back in the Crow's Nest fixing some rigging while her eyes kept on being fixated on the boy who stood by Jay, at the helm. Jungwon's back was turned to the deck, every once in a while glancing up to where Jiyeon stood, before shaking his head in disbelief and sending her a sign that he was alright.

"Okay, we'll take them with us," Sunghoon confirmed as he let out a small laugh and slumped back down on his butt yet again. 

"Wanna know another secret?" I questioned in amusement and he hummed at me as his lips pressed together in an excited smile, "the first time I saw them talk with one another... that time you very sternly insisted that I be thrown of the ship, the way he looked at her..."

"Completely in love," he pointed out and I nodded immediately, "I already knew that. From how he started speaking of her when they were 15. He's been in love with her since forever."

"She's in love too," I pointed out and he happily laughed, "but when I told her Jungwon was completely head over heels for her she was all flustered and shy. It was adorable."

"Wait, they haven't told each other?" Sunghoon questioned and I shook my head and pursed my lips into a small smile, "are you serious?"

"Never," I shook my head and he smiled slowly.

"Oh we have to set them up now," he remarked and I immediately nodded at him, "at the lagoon?"

"You bet," I nodded at him.

"I'll bring it on to Jay," he assured, "we need to throw anchor at the next harbour."

I happily looked on as he grinned at the thought, quietly picking at his lips as he went over the idea in his head before slowly starting to nod his head and look over towards me. His smile only growing as his eyes landed on me.

"What?" he questioned, trying to surpress the happiness that would've shown through his voice.

"Nothing, I was just looking," I excused and looked back down at the fruit to figure out what I wanted next, "am I not allowed to look now?" I questioned in amusement and grabbed the last piece of mango.

"Oi, I wanted that," he complained as I only smiled at him and took a bite from it, "mean."

"I pride myself on it, thank you very much," I excused and he snickered in amusement before just picking up an apple boat instead.

As he glanced up at me again I only chuckled before he eventually did the same and I let myself move over beside him and lean against his side as my head dropped onto his shoulder. So we just sat in a comfortable silence.