| 48 |

I watched Jiyeon's hands carefully as she showed me how to do the wick work. She had agreed to teach me how to do it, for me to make a basket for the bakery once I get back home. However, the way her hands worked so effortlessly seemed fairly wrong compared to how much I was struggling.

"Alright, so you do this," Jiyeon explained and slowly moved her hands with the wicker, somehow managing to weave it in and out in the same amount of tightness all the way around.

"Oh yeah, of course I do," I murmured and looked back down at my basket, which was slowly unravelling in my lap.

"It's not that hard Soomin, you just have to have patience," Jiyeon reminded with a small smile as she looked over at the unravelling part, she had done for me earlier on.

"Maybe there's some other practical work I would be good at," I pointed out to her and she snickered in amusement, "no?"

"I'm not saying no, I'm just... weighing out the possibilities," Jiyeon excused and I let out a small huff at her before looking back down at the basket in my lap.

The moment a dark figure had sat down beside me I had merely glanced over, quickly noticing the black shirt. Almost immediately I had snapped my head up instead and looked at Sunghoon, who seemed to be grinnig at my weak attempt of wick work.

"Thank god you came, Jiyeon is terrible at teaching me this," I exclaimed at him as he chuckled in amusement.

"It's not my fault your hands are weak," Jiyeon calmly sang from beside me, "but I'll leave you two then. I know things have been going on behind the curtains and I expect to be told what it is, very soon," Jiyeon reminded as she got up from where she sat - walking backward while gesturing with two fingers that she was watching both Sunghoon and I.

"Are we that obvious?" Sunghoon questioned with a frown, his eyes still following Jiyeon as she skipped up to the helm to sit and talk with Jay while she did her wick work.

"Oh god no, the girl is a witch," I reminded him and he let out a small laugh, "the only reason no one else has commented on it is because they're oblivious. Living in their own bubbles, or in Jungwon's case, the Jiyeon bubble," I remarked and nodded up to the boy who had turned his back to the helm just to look at Jiyeon while Jay was left alone to look over the deck and waters in front of the ship.

"Hm," he hummed and leaned back a bit, folding his hands on his stomach, "so I was thinking-"

"That's new," I murmured and he glanced at me, quirking an eyebrow as I just tried to bite back my smile - failing miserably.

"I was thinking," he continued, almost as if I hadn't said anything. Only the small tug at the corners of his lips hinted at a smile to what I had said, "I don't know when it'll be. But maybe we should go and do something, just the two of us, next time we're at harbour."

"You have a week," I reminded him and he nodded, before quickly shaking his head to get some hair out of his face, "what if we won't be at harbour before another two weeks."

"Let's just do something at least," he excused with a small smile, "these nights let's... let's eat dinner together and sit at the front of the ship together, talk and all that stuff."

"Okay," I nodded and he raised his eyebrows in excitement, "I'd like that."

"Yeah?" he questioned and I nodded with a small hum at him.

"But you'll have a blanket," I sternly pointed out and he frowned slightly whilst keeping his smile on his face, "the curse is still there. I'm not stu-"

A series of loud thuds had cut off my sentence short and my attention flickered elsewhere, until it was located by a loud yell.

"Jungwon!" Jay's voice yelled out over the deck and my eyes immediately landed on the limp figure that hit the last stair step and landed completely calm on the deck.

A complete anti-climax to the series of previous and loud thuds.

Everything seemed to dull down, the swabbies stopped their job. Jay stood still and looked down onto the figure. Jiyeon's wickwork was trapped tightly between her fingers. I was even sure my heart had stopped for a second.

"Throw the anchor!" Jay yelled out and a small group of crewmen rushed down under the deck as Jiyeon slowly got up to her feet, "Sunghoon help me get him on an eleveated platform."

Sunghoon quickly got to his feet and rushed over to Jungwon. I watched quietly as Jay and Sunghoon lifted a arm of Jungwon's over their shoulders and dragged him over to an elevated platform another few crewmembers made.

"Jay?" Jiyeon's voice called out and I immediately looked over at her as she carefully moved over to the helm railing, "he just tripped down the stairs, right?"

"Get the medical box, Jiyeon," Jay sighed loudly making Jiyeon just continue to stare down at him, "get the medical box."

"But he just tripped down the stairs," she replied quietly as her eyes stayed fixated on the drowsy boy, who was lulling his head back and forth while Sunghoon kept a stern look on his face.

"Where is it?" I spoke up as I rushed over to Jay, who just gave me a bewildered look, "I don't care what you think, but if he is badly injured she cannot take care of it."

"She's the only one who can," he excused and pointed up towards Jiyeon.

"That girl is more affected by whatever has happened to him, than you are. She'll fix his injuries, but right now you need to go up to her and calm her down before she comes down here and does anything. Understood?" I sternly questioned.

"Soomin what even-" Jay started before abruptly getting cut off.

"The medical box is in the food depot, under the lowest shelf," Sunghoon spoke up and I immediately looked over at him. He was just staring straight at Jay, "she's right."

"Thank you," I breathed out before rushing over towards the food depot, rushing to get the box.

Considering how many boxes stood under the lowest shelf in the food depot it was fairly easy to find the medical box. Perhaps it was due to the large, white 'M' that was painted on the front of the dark green paint, shining through the darkness in the food depot.

I struggled slightly with carrying it up the stairs, but once I had I rushed over to where Jungwon laid, standing beside Sunghoon before putting down the box. 

I immediately opened the box before looking up towards the helm, where Jay was calmly explaining something to Jiyeon, who kept nervously glancing down at us before looking back at Jay.

"He's gonna be fine," Sunghoon deemed from beside me and I glanced over at him, "I know he will."

"Sure," I murmured and carefully patted his back, looking back down at how Jungwon's eyes were fluttering between open and close meanwhile his head lulled back and forth in an attempt to regain consiousness.

"Alright, everyone move away!" Jiyeon called out as she marched across the deck, "I only want Soomin and Jay by this pedestal, everyone else. Beat it!"

I glanced up at her as she rushed over to look down at Jungwon, for a moment sadness flashed in her eyes. 

"Now tell me you idiot, what have you been hiding?" Jiyeon questioned and Jungwon's right hand lifted momentarily to gesture to his abdomen, "Jay get his shirt away from his stomach, Soomin get me some of teh alcohol."

Jiyeon rushed over to stand by me as I scavenged through the box before pulling out a small dark green bottle. Apparently the bottle was quite difficult to open and we had to be two to try and open it before it actually opened.

Once I looked up again Jay had managed to move Jungwon's shirt out of the way, revealing a long, dark red gash along the right side of Jungwon's waist.

"Hmmm," Jiyeon hummed quietly as she squinted her eyes at the wound, rushing over to look closer at it, softly grabbing Jungwon's shoulder to squeeze it, "alright. We'll remove the parts of the scab we can, we'll have to clean it and once we have done that I'll determine wether or not it'll have to get sewn together, nonetheless we'll bandage it up and he will be bedridden for as long as I see it needed."