| 44 |

"You're not leaving this ship, and that one is an order," Jay remarked and poked Jungwon harshly in the chest.

Jungwon pulled Jay's hands harshly off of him, before rushing over to the railing and just watching out into the dark thick fog. I could only sit and watch as his eyebrows furrowed more and more in worry and his eyes slowly lost all their hope.

"I thought I heard the old man say

Leave her Johnny, Leave her

Oh you can go ashore now

And get your pay

But it's time for us to leave her"
The voice started out quiet from somewhere within the crew, and slowly it grew louder and louder as Jungwon grabbed the sides of his head, as if to cover his ears from the low singing.

"What are they doing?" I whispered to Sunghoon, who had managed to push himself up onto one arm.

"Leave her Johnny, leave her

Leave her Johnny, leave her

For the voyage was long
And the winds don't blow

And it's time for us to leave her"

"It's an old shanty," Sunghoon murmured as his eyebrows knitted together and he glanced around the deck, "they're trying to convince him to leave her behind."

"But he can't do that," I murmured in confusion and slightly shock as my eyes darted around on the deck and I noticed how all of the crew seemed to be singing the song together.

"And she would not wear

Nor steer, nor stay

Leave her Johnny, leave her

Oh and all her gears got carried away

And it's time for us to leave her

Leave her Johnny, leave her
Leave her Johnny, Leave her

For the voyage was long
And the winds don't blow
And it's time for us to leave her"

"Sunghoon we can't leave her," I hurriedly spoke as he sat up properly and gave me a small smile, "why are you smiling at me like that?"

"Then tell them, we can't just leave her," Sunghoon urged and nodded his head over towards the crew, "come on. I know you're hard headed... and have your opinions to voice out. Tell them.

"Where we leave her fit

And we leave her trim

Leave her Johnny, Leave her

She was the hungriest bastard

We've ever shipped in
And it's time for us to leave her"

I noticed how Jungwon's eyebrows started quiver as if his frown was deepening more than his muscles was capable of.

I clenched my fists in my lap as I stared harshly at the crew, eventually feeling an icey cold hand lay itself on top of my closed fist. I quickly looked at Sunghoon and he only nodded his head towards the crowd once more.

"Leave her Johnny, leave her
Leave her Johnny, leave her

For the voyage was long

And the winds don't blow
And it's time for us to leave her"

"Alright," I murmured and quietly got up on my feet, "what the hell is wrong with all of you?" I snapped, making all of the crew look to me, except Jungwon.

Even Jay, who had sung along on the shanty looked at me in shock, as if he couldn't see the problem in what they were urging Jungwon to do.

"Jiyeon has done everything and more to it, for all of you for the past four years. Only to get horrible treatment in return, now the least any of you could do is wait on this ship to see if she comes back!" I loudly declared, "but since all of you have the exact sense of morality as a speck of wood has I will willingly go ashore and actually look for her, because guess what? I am aware of the amount of dirty work she has done for each and everyone of you, and the surprising thing? I have only been here for a little over two months!" 

"You're not going off of this ship Soomin," Jay sternly spoke and I snapped my head over to look at him, "that's an order from your captain."

"Screw you and your orders," I hissed in return, "you're not my captain if you're willing to leave your hardest working crew member, just like that. See you in hell lads."

Abruptly I turned on my heel and marched towards the ramp, pausing in my steps after having crossed the railing and down onto the ramp. Slowly I turned towards the crew, looking at each of them intently.

"I swear to God, when I send Jiyeon back on this ship you all better treat her with respect," I warned before looking over at Jungwon, who just stared at me in disbelief, "otherwise I'll pray for the Sirens pulling your fatasses under the water surface."

"Why is she so angry?" someone murmured somewhere in the crew.

I let out a huff as I continued my march down the ramp and out onto the wobbly and worn out boatbridge. Quietly I began trudging along it until my boots eventually dug down into some dark sand that seemed to have a weird consistency, which I couldn't really put my finger on.

I rubbed my arms slightly, noticing how the fog rested itself on the hairs on my arms, creating small cold droplets to seep into my armhair. Somehow the air seemed colder and more moist now that I was on the land and not on the ship.

"Soomin," a voice called out and I immediately sighed before turning around to the blanket wrapped figure limping over towards me.

"Get back on the ship," I shortly spoke and he immediately shook his head as he rushed up to me, sending me a small giddy smile, "Sunghoon I'm serious. Get back on the ship before you die."

"What? So I'm not allowed to leave, but you are?" he remarked in amusement, "forget it. Now let's go find that little witch."

"Sunghoon you're unwell," I reminded him and he casually started moving forward, limping slightly.

I let out another huff before rushing up to him and wrapping an arm around his waist as a way to support him comfortably as we walked along.

"Accepted you can't get me to change my mind?" he questioned in amusement and I glanced at him before looking straight ahead once again.

"Shut up," I murmured and he happily chuckled as he draped one of his arms over my shoulders.

So now I not only had to find Jiyeon and get her back to the ship, I also had to assure that Sunghoon doesn't die on me at any time while we move forward.