New school

Chloe's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friday
June 1st 1983

"Good morning sweetie" my mom said while knocking on my bedroom door. "First day of school today! You don't wanna be late for your big day." While opening the blinds letting the sun shine in through the windows. "Ugh mom just tell them I'm sick today." turing over on my bed faced down. "Honey you don't feel sick? Let's get up and take your step sister to school. How does that sound?" My mom said while getting off my bed to head down stairs.

I roll out of bed and picked out an outfit. *light blue denim flared jeans with a red V neck tank top* just in case it was a chilly morning I slipped on a black leather jacket. While brushing through my fluffy blond hair I thought to myself...

"Why did we move so far away from home? All because my mom wanted to marry some chief of police. Now I'm stuck here in this town with my new step sister "El." 

As I walked down stair, I spotted El's dad (Hopper)"Morning chloe! Sleep well?" Hopper chuckled. "I did just can't wait to get this day over with." Rolling my eyes picking up my keys from the table. "Bye girls! See you after school!" Hopper said while kissing Chloe's mom goodbye.

"Hey El, are you ready to go?" I asked while opening the front door. El and I both headed towards My car *1969 black Dodge Charger* driving down the road while listening to the radio. We arrived at the school parking lot. I turned the car off and faced El. "If anyone gives you any trouble... tell me." El nodded and we stepped out of the car.

Noticing a blue Camaro pull into the parking lot. When some blondish/brown mullet haired guy steps out from the car. So did a red haired girl as she skated away. He lit a cigarette and walked towards the school. I could hear all the girls whisper about him.

I pull my bag out from the back of the car. walking towards the school with my head down. When a brown haired boy came walking my direction. "Hey I'm Steve, are you new?" The brown haired boy said while walking with Me. "Oh hello, yeah I just moved to Hawkins." giving little eye contact. "Well I'd be more than happy to be your friend? You should come with my friend and I to a party!" Steve said as we walked into the school. "I'd really appreciate that" giving a small smile. "Great! I'm sorry I didn't catch your name?" "Chloe" "Cute! See ya later Chloe!" Steve walks off giving me a little wave.

First period passes... the second... third and fourth... finally lunch came. I got my food and started to look around finding any open spots. After finding one I sat down and set my stuff aside. A short haired girl sat next to me... "Hello, you must be Chloe! I'm Nancy Wheeler!" "Hello Nancy!" "Steve told me about you! Mind if I tag along?" "Of course!" I said while shoving almost cold chicken nuggets in my mouth. "Sweet! Pick you up Sunday night at 5! There's an end of the year party Sunday! Bye Clo." Nancy gets up as the bell rang.

***School finishes***

As I sit in my car waiting to take El home. I watch the red hair girl get into the blue Camaro. The boy in the drivers side yells "next time you're late... you're skating home!" The red hair girl rolls her eyes as they pull out of the parking lot.

El opens the car door and climbs in. We have simple talk about our day and drive home.