Chapter 5: Sneaking Out...Again

I woke up the next morning to Klaus singing, "Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakery!" in the hallway. I sat up, and Five was still sleeping. He looked so peaceful that I didn't want to wake him. I carefully got off the bed, and went to my night stand (that was on the side of where Five was sleeping). I grabbed my phone, quietly opened the door, and walked down the hallway. I walked downstairs and could hear people talking in the dining room, so I walked over. "Hi, Y/n, good morning." Ben smiled at me. "Good morning, um, are there assigned seats here?" I only asked because it seemed like this family would have one (no offense to them). "No, there's not." Viktor said. I took a seat next to Ben, considering he is the only one I knew well. "So, I noticed that Five didn't leave your room last night." Ben said.
Everyone looked at each other, and then at me. "Yeah, I asked him to stay, because I didn't feel like sleeping by myself." I said. "So are you two a thing?" Allison asked, taking a sip of her drink. I laughed slightly, "Yes, we are." I said. "Aww, goals!" Klaus said, setting a plate of bacon and eggs in front of me. I started to eat. "So, what are your plans for today?" Diego asked, tossing and catching his knife in his right hand. "Um, well, I might just stay in, because I don't really feel safe going outside, right now." I said. "Understandable." He replied. "What about you guys?" I asked, trying to take the topic off of me. "I'm going to pick up my sons, Harlan and Aiden, from their grandmas." Viktor smiled, as he got up and put his plate in the sink. "I'm going to pick up my son, Jacob, from camp. He's actually your age, Y/n." Klaus said. "I'm gonna go out with Jill, unless you want me to stay." Ben said, looking at me. "No, I'm fine, you can go with her." I said, I didn't want to keep him from his girlfriend, or to make him feel like he has to babysit me or something.
I finished my eggs, but felt bad because I didn't eat the bacon. "Are you full?" Allison laughed a little, as she picked up my plate. "Yeah, I'm so sorry!" "Don't be, it's fine." She assured me. "I'm gonna head out, text me if you need anything." Viktor said. "Alright, bye, Vik!" Allison called out. "I'm gonna go, too." Klaus said, waving bye. I assumed he's the type of person to just leave, Ben left as well, but he said bye to everyone before he left the house. As I was sitting at the table, I was waiting for Five. It was just myself, Luther, Diego and Allison in the dining room. Allison was cleaning the dishes, Diego was carving something, with a knife, in his chair, and Luther was on his phone.
After a while, Five teleported into the living room. No one seemed to notice but me, so I got up and walked over to him. "Well, it was about time you got up." I laughed, sitting down next to him, and setting my head on his shoulder. "Sorry, I was really tired." Five replied, brushing his fingers through his hair. "Do you have any plans today?" He asked, rubbing my left arm. "Nope, none, what about you?" "Nothing." After awkwardness walked by and said hello, Five asked me, "Want coffee?" I picked up my head and looked at him, "I'm sorry, but I don't feel safe going outside." Although I really wanted to, my scaredness got in the way. "No worries; do you want me to go get us some?" He offered. I smiled, "If you want to." I said, I honestly didn't really mind. Five got up and pulled out his phone, "What do you want from there?" I knew he was referring to Griddy's Doughnuts. "Black coffee." I said. Five looked at me, while putting his phone in his pocket, without typing anything in. "I'm so happy you're my girlfriend."
Five bent down and kissed me. "I'll be back, baby." "Okay, be safe!" Five gave me a thumbs up as he walked out. Baby. I like that, I thought to myself. I was also confused on why, right after I said I wanted black coffee, he said that he was "so happy" that I was his girlfriend. I then realized that on our first date, Five and I said, "Black coffee, please." At the same time. After I heard the front door close, I walked back into the dining room. "Hey, guys, just to let you know I'll be in my room." I said, talking to everyone; Allison seemed to be the only one that listened and cared. "Okay, let me know if you need anything." Allison said, drying off her hands with a blue rag, while smiling. I smiled back, and turned around, leaving the room. I walked past the living room and to the stairs. As I was walking up the stairs, I kept looking back, making sure that no one (for some reason) was looking at me, or following me up the stairs.
Once I reached the top step, I lightly jogged into my room, and closed the door behind me. I walked over to my closet and pulled down a plain, black tee. I then walked over to my dresser and pulled out blue jean shorts. I slipped out of my cozy pajamas, and changed into the clothes I pulled out. I then went back into my closet, to get my black shoes. I grabbed some socks, and sat down on my bed, putting my socks and shoes on. Once I tied my left shoe, I got up and grabbed my phone from the night stand. I slipped it in my pocket, and headed towards the bay window. I opened the left side of it, and climbed out. Luckily, there was a ladder there, and it had a note on it. In case you want to sneak out - Ben I read in my head. "You really do know me," I said to myself. I crumbled the note and tossed it in the trash can that was in my room. I carefully climbed down. The thing I loved about this ladder was that it was built into the house. So, no one would have to hold the bottom of it (unlike the one at my old house).
When my feet touched the ground, I realized that my room was on the left side of an alleyway, with (in my opinion) the most beautiful graffiti art I have ever seen on the wall (where there's a dead end). I snapped out of my gaze and looked left and right, and went down the alley, onto the sidewalk. I was very anxious about being outside, for I didn't know if someone was spying on me. I guess I should have brought a hoodie with me, but it was too late for that now. I quickly walked past Griddy's Doughnuts, not wanting Five to see me. I then ran the rest of the way to my old home. Once I arrived, I went around to the back. To my surprise, the ladder was still there. I sighed with relief, and carefully climbed up the ladder. I was a little anxious in doing so, because no one was holding the bottom of the ladder.
As I was struggling and overthinking of all the things that could possibly go wrong, I finally reached the window and opened it. Damn, Mother must really want people to break in, huh? When my shoes made the floor creak a little, I closed the window. I looked around the room. Everything was the same. The bed, the bookshelf, everything. I stopped admiring the room, and walked to the door. I opened it gently, and looked around. No one was there. I quickly ran out of my room, down the hall, and into Mothers office. I quickly closed the door and put my back against it. For once, she's not even in the office. I started to look through her drawers and the books (because you never know) in the bookshelf for a file...about me. I know for a fact, that Mother had already known I had powers, and kept a file about it. I felt my face get hot, and my hands sweating after repeatedly looking, and not finding anything. I wanted to give up. I could feel my eyes turn red, and I mean I can actually feel it. I then picked up a chair (with my powers) and threw it to the wall. When I did so, I finally figured out my power. I did have telekinesis, but what was weird about it was that when I picked up the chair, some red force surrounded it. I wasn't sure if the red force made it have more power or something.
After the chair hit the wall, it fell down onto the wooden planks, and one of them (the wooden planks) lifted up. I felt my eyes turn back to brown, and I looked over at the wood, breathing heavily. I then walked over. From my point of view of where I was standing, I saw something shiny. I tilted my head, like a dog trying to understand their owner. I got on my knees, and sat on my feet. I reached my hand in and grabbed out a necklace. It had a symbol of a hand, and something levitating over it. The object (that was levitating over the hand) was red. I knew it was mine. I could feel it. I slipped it in my pocket and opened more of the planks. I saw three files. Each of them had different names. Y/n Pitts (mine), Aiden Elliott, and Jacob Prayer. The two other names sounded familiar. I felt like I knew them, I just had this strong feeling. I put my hands on the side of my head (not to where it's covering my ears) to try to think. Then, I saw something. My past.