Chapter 16: Getting Ready

When the twenty minutes were up, my alarm went off. I woke up and turned off the sound. I then turned over, and saw that Five was still sleeping. I moved his hair out of his face, and gently shook his right shoulder. Five moved a little, and slowly opened his eyes. "No, are the twenty minutes really up?" Five complained. "Yes, they are, come on." I said sitting up. "Ugh, fine." He said. "Since you only have pajamas in here, I'll pick an outfit out for you, after I get dressed." I said, as I got out of bed, and went through my drawers. I pulled out a pair of leggings, and when I went into my closet, I pulled out a baby pink shirt, and got dressed. After I put my shirt on, I saw Five biting his lower lip. "Five!" I said, trying to get him to the real world. "Can you blame me?" "Yes, yes I can." I joked. "Okay, let me go get you some clothes." I said, after I was done putting clothes on, and headed for the door.
I walked out of the room, and closed the door; I heard the door lock as it closed. I went into Five's room and started to go through his closet and drawers. I found a white t-shirt and a pair of black pants. I grabbed his socks and checkered vans, and walked out of the room. I was about to reach my room, until someone stopped me. "hEy, y/N." Kylie said, I could smell alcohol coming out of her mouth as she spoke. "Kylie, are you drunk?" I asked. I wasn't even mad, I was actually laughing a little. "nO, yOu ArE!" Kylie announced. That's when Diego came up the stairs. "Sorry about her. Kylie and Klaus got drunk." Diego informed me. Kylie fell back, but Diego caught her. "It's still morning." I said, laughing a little. Kylie kept falling out of Diego's arms, so Diego carried her like a baby. "hEy, PuT mE dOwN! i HaVe A bOyFrIeNd!" Kylie said, hitting Diego's shoulder, she didn't hit him that hard though. "BuT, sHhH, dOn'T tElL mY bOyFrIeNd, ThAt I hAvE oNe!" Kylie said, placing her finger to her lips, as she was looking at Diego. Diego and I just busted out laughing.
I then heard someone coming up the stairs. "wHaT aRe YoU dOiNg WiTh My BeStIE?" Klaus said. Diego and I started to laugh even harder. "I'll get Klaus." I told Diego. I set Five's clothes down in front of my door and wrapped Klaus's right arm around me. "cAn I gO tO mY bEd?" Klaus asked, as he laid his head on top of mine. "Yes, I'm taking you there now." I said. I opened his door, and walked him over to his bed. I threw him down on the mattress, and got back up. "If you need anything let me know." I said, as I walked towards the door. "tHaNk YoU, y/N." He called out. I left his room and went in front of my door, and picked up Five's items. I knocked on the door (remembering it was locked), and waited for Five. Although I didn't hear his footsteps, I heard the door unlock. I opened the door, and quickly stepped in. A breeze flew behind me as I shut the door.
"Here," I said, as I handed him his belongings, "I hope you like the outfit I picked out." Five started to get dressed. "I love this. Thank you, baby." Five said, as he tied his shoes, and got up to kiss me. "Where did you put the letter?" I asked, as I opened the door, and we walked out. "On my nightstand." Five replied. He walked into his room, and came out with it in his hand. Five handed the paper to me, and he teleported us into the living room. When we got there, everyone was in the kitchen. "Let's just do it in the kitchen, since everyone is already there." I said. Five and I walked into the kitchen, and everyone stared at us. "Aiden told us." Allison said, as she took a sip from her cup. "Seriously?" I said, as I rolled my eyes, and shifted my eyes towards Aiden. "Okay, that's not important. We have some news." Five said. "If it's important, then shouldn't we wait for Kylie and Klaus?" Diego said. "We'll fill them in later." I said.
"Okay, so this morning, there was a knock at the door, and this was on the front porch." I said, tossing the letter onto the center of the table. Allison took it, and read it aloud. "Shit." Aiden shared, as he looked at the envelope, and then at me and Five. "So, what are we going to do?" Diego asked. "Fight." Five said, as he got a hold of my right hand. "When?" Viktor asked. "As soon as possible, this bitch deserves to be dead." I announced. "Let's leave after Kylie and Klaus sober up." Diego said. "Yeah, and how long will that take?" Allison said, kind of annoyed. "We won't leave until it's night." Aiden said, looking at Allison. "Which leaves us a good amount of time to get ourselves ready and prepare." I said. Everyone got up and left the room. "Should we bring Lila into this?" Five asked, as he took a seat. "I don't know. She's with my Dad right now." I said. The way I said it didn't seem like a good reason, but I just didn't want to pull her away from Dad so soon.
"Well, no offense, Y/n, but Lila was also treated like she was nothing. The Handler kept her from you." Five told me, as I sat down next to him. To be fair, he did make a good point about that. "Does she have a phone?" I asked, so that way I could text her. "Yeah, I gave her a phone yesterday." Five told me. "Why?" "To help with the surprise, and don't worry I already put everyone's contact information in her phone." "Well, can you ask her to text me?" I asked. I know Five could have texted her, but I want to be the one to tell her. Five pulled out his phone, and started typing away. "Okay, she said that she was going to text you." Five said, as he turned off his phone, and placed it face down on the table. Few seconds later, I got a text message from Lila. I told her everything, and sent her a picture of the letter. "What did Lila say?" Five ask. "She said that she's gonna come over soon." "If you don't mind, I'm gonna go to the back to practice my spatial jumps." Five said, getting up from his seat. "I don't mind, you can go ahead." I said. Five kissed me, and went to the backyard.
Since Lila wouldn't come over until later, I decided to see what everyone else was doing before I could practice my powers. I wanted to check on Five last, because he just went outside. I went up stairs, and stood in front of Diego's room. He was throwing knives that would curve around an object and then hit a target behind him. I then walked to Allison's room. She had Klaus and Kylie in there (and they were still drunk). I wanted to see what she was doing, so I leaned against the door frame. She looked at Klaus and said, "I heard a rumor that you were sober." Klaus's eyes went white, and he went back to normal. "Why am I here?" He asked. Allison did the same rumor on Kylie and told them everything. I went to Aiden's room, but I was confused on what his goal was. "What are you doing?" I asked. Aiden turned around, startled. "I'm trying to see if I could stop time on one thing, or person, by surrounding them with the light green you see when I do stop time." The way he was explaining it was weird, but I understood what he meant.
"Do you want to try it on me, so that way you can practice on a person?" I offered. "Yeah, sure." He replied. I walked into his room, and stood in front of his bed. Aiden looked at the ground, for a while, with his eyes closed. When he picked up his head, his eyes turned dark green. Aiden put his left hand into snapping form, and his other was in front of it. It looked like he was trying to light a lighter, but trying to keep the heat on his hands. Aiden snapped his fingers, but before the light green could expand, he pushed his right hand out, and made it only surround me. It worked. I was frozen like a statue, while people were walking past him, in the hallway. Aiden clapped his hands twice, and resumed time (well, for me at least). "Nice." I said, as I was giving him a high five. I left his room, and went to Viktor's room. He had Harlan sit on the bed as he practiced his powers on other objects. I smiled and waved at Harlan as he did it back, and then I left. I then went to Klaus's room (since he was all sober). He was trying to bring soldiers back from the dead. I was going to say something, but I knew that it would just distract him.
I then walked back over to Allison's room, knowing that Kylie was still in there. Kylie was shapeshifting into different animals. From a cute bunny, to a scary wolf. I finally went downstairs, and went into the backyard. Five was teleporting like crazy. I couldn't even look at him for a second without him having to move somewhere else. After checking on everyone, I realized that I needed to practice; especially because I haven't used my telekinesis in a while. I went back up to my room, but then climbed out the window, and crawled up the ladder. When I got to the roof, I let the wind blow through my hair before I could start. I stopped my main character moment, and tried to calm myself down before I could start. I saw a pile of old buckets, and glass that no one seems to use, so I decided to use those as my test objects. I stood about ten feet away from them, and calmed myself down again. I made my eyes turn red, and I picked up a bucket. I tossed it up in the air, and removed my red force around it (letting it fall down).
I then picked it back up, as it was inches above the ground, and threw it over my head, and slammed it to the ground. I then looked back at the glass. I pushed my arms forward and made a red force follow and break the glass. My eyes went back to brown, and I was so tired. I dropped down to my knees, trying to catch my breath. "Hey, Y/n, are you okay?" I heard Five call out, as I heard his footsteps running towards me. His right arm wrapped around me as he said, "Hey, hey, calm down." I finally caught my breath, and picked up my head, looking at Five. "What happened?" He asked. "I haven't used my powers in a while, and after I did I got really tired, like I was about to pass out." Five looked at me with concern. "Are you sure you wanna do this today?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm sure, and I'll be fine." I assured him. "Did I miss something?" I heard someone say. "Lila!" I said, as I turned around. "Hey, Sparrow, is everything okay?" She asked, as she walked closer and kneeled down next to me and Five. "Yeah, everything's good." I said. Lila helped me get up (Five got up as well), and, all three of us, went back into the house.
When we got back inside, we all went downstairs. "So, when do we plan on leaving?" Viktor asked. "Soon, but what about Harlan?" Five asked. "He's coming with us." Viktor said. Everyone looked at each other confused. "Vanya, isn't that dangerous?" I asked. "He has the same power as me." "What? How?" Diego said. "A few years ago, Harlan was drowning, and I had to give him mouth to mouth. When I did, some of my powers transferred to him." Viktor told us. "He knows how to control them, right?" I asked. Although it was risky to bring Harlan, it was very much worth it. Plus, no one ever wins an argument with Viktor. Viktor smiled, knowing that we will be allowing Harlan to come with us. "Yes, he does." He replied. "Let's go over with what each of us is going to do." Five said. Although no one told them to, everyone sat down. I sat down as well, along with Five.
"I'm gonna throw knives." Diego said. Yeah, no shit. I said in my head. "Rumor, and kicking ass." Allison said. I gave her a high five after she said that. "I'm going to attempt to bring soldiers from previous wars back and fight." Klaus said. The tone in his voice made it sound like he was more than nervous to try. "You guys know what I'm going to do, but Harlan will be by my side 24/7." Victor informed us. "Wait, Lila, what are your powers?" Allison asked. "Right, I forgot that I never told you guys. Um, I can mimic anyone's power." She said. "Really?" Diego said; it sounded like he didn't believe her. "Want proof?" Lila asked. "Yeah, catch." Diego said, throwing a knife to his right. The knife went behind Five's and Klaus's head. Lila then caught it, and threw it at Diego. It went straight at him, but then curved, missing his face. "Coincidence." He said, leaning back. How the fuck is that a coincidence?! I thought. "Fine, Allison start the rumor sentence." Lila asked, as she got up and sat in front of Diego. Allison turned her body so she could face him, "I heard a rumor," Allison started. "You punched yourself in the face." Lila said, finishing her sentence. Diego's eyes went white, and he punched himself in the face. Five, Klaus, Viktor, Aiden, Kylie and I, all started laughing.
"I hate both of you." Diego said, as he was rubbing his nose. "Okay?" Lila said, showing that she doesn't care. After we were all done dying, Aiden said, "I'm gonna stop time." "Oh, and I'm gonna shapeshift." Kylie said. "Okay, again, when do we plan on leaving?" Allison asked. "Well, is everyone ready?" Viktor asked, as he was looking around at everyone. They all nodded their heads, and Viktor shifted his eyes at me. "Let's go then. Viktor you take your car, and drive Lila, Klaus, and Harlan, and follow behind me." I instructed. Viktor nodded his head and grabbed both of our car keys that were in one of the kitchen drawers. "What's the time?" I asked. Lila pulled out her phone and said, "9:45." "Okay, let's go." I said. Everyone got what they needed, and we headed for the door. Diego locked the door, after we all left. Myself, Five, Deigo, Allison, Aiden, and Kylie were coming with me in my car, and Klaus and Harlan were going with Viktor. Everyone got into the car (that they were supposed to be in) and waited for the drivers to start the car. I started the car, and took a deep breath. Five placed his hand on my right thigh, and gently squeezed it, as he looked at me. I looked down at where his hand was, and then back up at him; I smiled warmly, before driving off, and having Viktor follow behind us.