C.H.E.R.U.B, those bastards.

You woke in the morning to the two beautiful women by your side, you always had a tendency to wake up early, being it happened a lot in camp.

You carefully released yourself from Verosika and Loona's clutches, and went to the office kitchen, putting on a track you thoroughly like listening to on a pair of headphones.

As you got stuff out to make breakfast, you thought some pancakes would go nice after... the night. So, you began making pancakes, but not before feeling someone else was watching you, and in your peripheral, you could see him.

Y/n: "Shade..."

Shade smiled, putting a finger to his lips, before grabbing an apple and devouring the whole thing. 

Shade: 'You forget fuckwit, we have a mental connection for a reason.'

Y/n: 'The hell do you want?'

Shade: 'Ouch, no good morning? how are you doing shade?'

You shook your head, putting the batter on the pan, and pulling out a spatula to flip the pancakes. 

Shade: 'Jeez, I know I'm an evil demonic motherfucker and all, but you are really giving me the cold shoulder here buddy.'

Y/n: 'First off, we aren't buddy-buddy, and let me remind you of that little stunt on earth.'

Shade: 'Oh please, its a couple of drugged idiots and his wittle, yet tasty, private army. How could word get out?'

Y/n: 'Word got to Alastra before we even got back, so it had to be sent via radio or something.'

Shade sat against the fridge, holding his head, he did this every time you mentioned her.

Shade: 'Oh, don't act like it didn't feel good to cut loose!' 

You had to admit, it was a little fun, but the look on Blitzo's face when he found you lying on that floor. 

Y/n: 'I can't let that happen again, we need to set rules here Shade.'

Shade: 'Ugh! I hate rules!'

You heard the doorknob rattle to begin opening, and you signaled for Shade to skidaddle, which he did, disappearing in smoke. The door opened to reveal a tired looking Josh (Incubus) who wandered in and saw you cooking.

Josh: "What's the occasion?"

Y/n: "Well, this is for Loona and Verosika for... last night."

Josh smiled, remembering hearing a couple screams and moans last night, so she must've had fun. The other thing is Josh lightly blushed at your lack of a shirt, exposing everything, even the...

Josh: "S-sorry to inquire, but what happened to your back?"

You froze on the spot, not knowing what to say, trying to come up with some bullshit excuse, but you landed on one.

Y/n: "Family stuff."

This made Josh freeze, as it looked like you had some appendages back there, but they were forcibly ripped off. Josh didn't say much more before grabbing him and Ace a coffee and rushing back to the studio, practically rushing in.

Vortex: "Jeez Josh, the coffee ain't gonna get cold on ya, no need to rush."

Josh looked to Vortex, and wondered if he should ask about Y/n's back, as they were technical family. 

Josh: "Vortex? Can I ask a little about Y/n?"

Vortex: "Sure, what do you want to know?"

Josh: "Did Y/n have issues with family at all, like anything bad?"