The Harvest Moon festival Pt 1: Heavenly arrival

Continuation from last time...

The figure just sat there, crouched down and perched in one of the trees branches, but there was no mistake, its eyes were fixed directly on you. But within a flash of a second, it was gone, any trace of it being there was not found, seen or head, nor smelt. You were already on edge from the note, now your senses were firing on all cylinders to keep your head on a swivel.

Millie: "Mama! Daddy!"

Millie shouts, grabbing your attention and turning to see what you assumed to be Millie's parents, you saw the short stout Imp with a denim vest over a black shirt and jeans about Millie's height and another, more beautiful Imp that resembled an older version of Millie.

Joe

Lin

You looked at the two and Millie, and saw exactly who she got her looks from, if it didn't feel wrong, you'd have probably tried to date her mom. However you were snapped from your trance when you felt an odd thrum about the house, seeing it bathed in a slightly white glow, like holy light.

Y/n: 'Fucking weird ass shit...'

Joe: "So, you must be Y/n! Millie's said a lot about you! but she didn't say you were a daydreamer"

He laughed heartily at his crude humor, it was a poke at why you were spacing out, but you rolled with it.

Y/n: "Yes sir, I'm Y/n, and your daughter is an amazing Assassin, she takes good care of herself and Mox."

Joe: "Y/n! I like that name! Sounds tough! Sounds like war!"

You cracked a smile, feeling more at ease with all of the tension slipping away from earlier, you decided to listen in more, but you immediately regretted it. 

Moxxie: "Y'know... more battles were won by technological advances in warfare. I've researched the history of weaponry extensively, and it's inspiring how... for example, the progression of guns utilizing angelic technology has changed the landscape of Hell's combative..."