Saturday, March 12th, 2011

11:14 pm

Dear Diary

Who am I? Am I that girl that nobody notices, or that every has heard of? Am I that friendly face in a crowd, or bitter to everyone who speaks? Am I that girl who you think you know everything about with one glance, but then turns out to be something completely different? Am I shy or outgoing? Am I sweet or mean? Who am I?

I really feel like nobody knows who I am inside. I always try to be the best that I can be — to always stay true to myself. But I have to hide and worry so much that I've become lost. And just when I think I've got myself and I know who I am inside ... something happens and I realize that I wasn't who I thought I was.

You know, one of the biggest things about a person is who they want to be.

Take me, for instantance — I want to work to help others (both animal and people), but I also want to share my ideas with the world. I also want to mark my place on the world — to be known outside of this town.

I'm not sure if I'm even close to achieving any of those.

But, read that short little paragraph over again. What do you see? I see a girl with a potentional to be great, and she senses it, too. She wants her ideas to be known, but in secret so that she may not be judged. She feels invisible to the world — which usually comes from a big, and hidden family. She might either be a younger sister living in the other's shadow, or have a sibling with disabilities.

Okay, that's just weird since I momentarily forgot that I was talking about myself. But, kind of accurate. (Except that I'm the oldest of four — I'm not the youngest no matter who I'm with.)

Well, that's enough for today.

Love,

Alison

11:36 pm