Monday, October 3rd, 2011

3:58 pm

Dear Diary,

You know one thing that people don’t get about me? That even though I don’t have a religion, I still believe in God. They automatically assume in their minds that I’m Aethiest. (I pretty sure I spelled that wrong.)

I know that I go to a Catholic school, and I know a lot of Catholics (Grandma, Jessica, Aaron, Mrs. LaReeca, and many, many more), but I’m not Catholic! I don’t agree with a lot of key things in the Catholic faith.

I’m not part of any other religion, either.

It’s a freedom of choice, I guess. I have a belief system, and I’m fairly sure that my beliefs make it hard for me to be part of a church. I also assume that some of my beliefs could be seen as satanic.

I don’t want to be labelled by a religion is also another part of it. Of course, not having a religion can make people begin to stereotype me.

I’m not one of those people who are going to yell at you for stereotyping me. I know who I am, and I’m original. I am an indepandent unit from the rest of the world.

My life does not revolve around “fitting in” — my life revolves around being different. One thing I learned from my life-long quest of becoming unique (not that that was a really long time), was that you have to be similar to be considered different. What that basically means (at least, from what I remember about when I came to the realization in second grade), was that nobody is 100% original. Either they’re going to gain followers, or they’re really just talking out of their butt. There’s always going to be someone just like you.

Love,

Alison

4:20 pm