04

"Anak ko.. ang maganda kong anak. Halika dito.."

I smiled at mamá and immediately run to her. Agad niya akong niyakap at hinalikan sa pisngi. Dumating din si papá na may dalang rosas at chocolate para kay mamá. It's their wedding anniversary today!

"Look mamá! Papá bought roses and chocolate for you! How sweet po!" I squealed and formed a heart shape using my small hands.

Mamá smiled sweetly at papá and gave him a kiss on his cheek. Papá kissed mamá's forehead too.

"Yes.. very sweet. Thank you, Ricardo."

I checked the time on my bedside table and found out that it is already 7 in the morning yet the sun didn't showed up due to the heavy rain. Our class is suspended so I got up in the bed and cleaned myself 'cause I look horrible.

"Magandang umaga po, Senyorita Selene."

I'm a bit startled but I still smiled at her and nodded. Para siyang kabute na sumusulpot lang kung saan-saan.

"Good morning to you too, Rosa. Do you need anything?" I asked while fixing my bed. Its a little bit messy kasi. Masyado yata akong naging malikot kagabi.

"Pinapatawag po kayo ni Senyor Ricardo sa opisina niya po.."

Nabitin sa ere ang aking kamay nang marinig ang sinabi niya. Did I heard it right? My father called for me? Am I dreaming?

She guided me to the office and leave me infront of the glass tinted door. I knocked the door twice and waited patiently. I don't know but I suddenly got nervous...

"Come in.."

I gulped the stuck saliva in my mouth and entered. Hindi ko mapigilang humanga sa interior ng opisina kahit nakapasok na ako dito 12 years ago. Well... its been a long time.

"Father... you called for me?" Nakayuko ako at kabadong-kabado. What if he wants to disown me now?

"Yes." he answered and put his reading glasses on his table.

"We had a meeting at the Velasco's Residence. Its about strengthening the bond between the Mercedes and the Emperor of the Underworld, the Vasiliev's."

Suminghap ako nang marinig ang sinabi niya. Emperor of the Underworld? Vasiliev's? The Vasiliev again? Bakit may ugnayan ang mga Mercedes sa mga Vasiliev? Why in the world are we connected with the Biggest Russian Mafia? The monster in the world of business? What is happening? I looked at father with disbelief. Is he serious right now?

"We, Mercedes Clan, had already a long bond and strong relationship with the Vasiliev Clan ever since 80's." nilagay niya ang parang dokumento sa lamesa at bumuntong-hininga. "The new Master of their Clan wants to prove my loyalty... again... by giving him a wife which came from the family of Mercedes." he trailed off. "Carmina's daughter is fine... but... I can't give Criselda to him since she did not came from me. So I decided to give you to him."

Unti-unting nanlaki ang mga mata ko at hindi makapaniwalang tiningnan siya. He's not gonna give me to them, right? Dahil ba ay ayaw niya sa akin ay ibibigay niya na lang ako ng gano'n kadali? Gano'n na lang ba 'yon? Hindi man lang siya tutol sa ideyang 'yon? Hindi man lang ba niya ako tatanungin kung okay lang sa akin? Did he turn into a heartless father?

"Y-you can't be serious, right? Father?" a flame is starting to grow in me. "You won't give me to them, right, papá? H-hindi mo naman ako ibibigay 'di ba? Y-you're not serious, right?" My voice is shaking really bad.

Hindi man lang siya natinag sa sinabi ko. He looks cold. Parang hindi na talaga siya ang kinagisnan kong ama. Para na siyang ibang tao.

"I don't have a choice, Selene. I need to give you to hi-"