13

"Don't tell me you're going to sleep nakedly?" he raised his brows. "You know that the two of us are already married and we can do it-"

"I'll try sleeping with my clothes on so please shut your mouth. Nakakadiri ka." I rolled my eyes and put the pillow at the end of the bed.

"Tapos na ba ang period mo?" tanong niya.

"Why are you asking me that?!" I kicked his leg to make him move away from me. "Doon ka nga! Ang lapit mo naman! Baka mahulog ako doon.. maginaw sa sahig!"

He move a bit with a confused look on his face. "Because I want to know if your monthly period is already over?"

I glared at him and drop myself in the bed. I noticed that their bed is not that soft like what I used to sleep. But it is fine with me. Hindi naman ako mapili.

I hug the barrier-like pillow in the middle of the bed and burried my face in there. I heard Ven groaned and sleep beside the pillow. He was like mumbling something..

Morning came and I'm already awake, cleaning the house like what I used to do at my real home. I can't do chores at Ven's mansion because I was imprisoned the whole week!

"Susmeyo ka! Bakit ka naglilinis diyan? Si Caroline na riyan, iha. Naku!" she was almost running just to get the broom away from me.

"Huwag na po, 'la. Marunong naman po ako. At tsaka, may tinatrabaho pa naman si Carol." I smiled and continued sweeping the floor. I did not let her get the broom away from me and immediately finished the work. Ayaw ko namang maging pabigat dito, 'no. At isa pa, na-miss ko na rin ang maglinis. It became a part of my circle of life. Well, all the credits must be awarded to Carmina.

Everytime I do chores inside the house, Lola Matilda would scream like she saw a cow cleaning the house. Was it too shocking to see me cleaning? Porke ba na pinanganak akong mayaman ay hindi na ako marunong gumawa ng gawaing bahay?

"Did you somewhat adjusted from your new environment?" Ven asked while I am cleaning the dishes. He help me clean the dishes since he don't want me exhausted.

"Oo. Sanay naman ako sa gawaing bahay. Palagi kasi ako inuutusan ni Carmina. I adapted to their environment so easily." I scrunched my nose when it felt itchy. He chuckled and put bubbles in my nose. I slap his hands when he added more.

"Ano ba! Don't put bubbles- Ven!" I kick his leg but he continued laughing and added more and more bubbles in my nose, my hair and my face.

I was startled when someone fake a cough at our back. I tilt my head to Lola Matilda who is smiling at us. Umiling-iling siya. "Naiinggit ako sa inyo.. naalala ko tuloy ang buhay naming mag-asawa noon. Kaygandang ala-ala.." she sigh dreamily.

Memories are nice to remember especially if it's beautiful. Unlike mine. But memories are bound to stay in the past. You cannot change it nor retake it again because of some regrettable mistake you made. It will remain as good or bad memories of yours.

It was already afternoon when Lola Matilda went to the supermarket, or more like divisoria, with Ven. He voluntered to go due to Lola's condition. I was left alone with Carol who is nowhere to be found. Maybe she played with her friends again.

"Ate Sera.."

I stopped combing my hair and look at Caroline who is shyly smiling at me. I stood up from the chair and walk towards her. She was gripping the hem of her shirt tightly as I approach her.

"Is there a problem?" I asked and pat her head. I remembered Criselda to her. An innocent, carefree kid.

"Gusto ko po sanang bumili ng choco mani sa tindahan ni Aling Loleng. Kaso ay natatakot ako. May mga lalaki kasing nakatambay. Parang ang awkward po kasi." sumbong niya.