six

Amber

"You fucking ruined my night," Kate yelled as she made herself breakfast. I sat at the island, not responding as I stared at the table feeling empty. I felt disgusted by what that guy did to me, I couldn't get it off my mind. "He couldn't stop talking about you,"

"Are you even going to say anything?" Kate's friend, Hayley, questioned. I finally looked up at the six girls standing in front of me, staring me down.

"He touched me and kissed me when I told him no," I admitted. I thought they would soften up and realize what happened, but they just scoffed.

"Get over yourself, you should be honored, he's 27," Miley rolled her eyes.

"You're going to pay for what you did," Kate pointed a finger at me. Without another word, I got off the stool and jumped down, then stormed out the house. It was eleven and I had a forty minute walk to the hospital. I walked in silence, hugging my body with my oversized sweatshirt. I didn't care that it was hot, it was my comfort and I needed it right now.

The walk was pretty quick since I spaced out most of the time. When I arrived, I went to the third floor and up to the psychiatrist's office. I signed myself in and then sat in silence in the waiting room. Sierra came out earlier than normal and let me back. We took our normal spots in her office. When I sat down, I pulled my knees to my chest as I stared at the ground, not making eye contact with her.

She skipped the normal questions, "Is there a specific reason you wanted to meet with me?" she asked softly and I nodded. "Do you want to talk about it?" she asked. I nodded in response, "You can talk whenever you want," she offered. We were quiet as I stared at the ground until breaking the silence.

"I don't like living with my sister," I whispered, but loud enough for her to hear. "She has five roommates, and they always have guys over. And those guys say things to me, and sometimes touch me even when I say no, and last night that happened," I took a deep breath to calm down, "and he was on top of me, nd touched me, and my sister didn't care," that was when I broke down crying. I cried into my knees, but to my surprise Sierra came over and pulled me into a tight hug. As I hugged her, I cried, and I had never done that in front of her.

She let me cry as much as I needed, and that was awhile, "I'm sorry," I apologized.

"Why are you apologizing?' she questioned as we pulled away from the hug.

"I didn't tell you,"

"That is not your fault, none of this is your fault. Don't apologize for any of this," Sierra reassured me. "You shouldn't have been put in this situation," I just nodded and wiped my eyes. "I do have to report this, though,"

"No, please," I shook my head.

"It's for your safety, Amber,"

"I won't have anywhere to go,"

"Yes you will, I promise nothing bad will happen to you," she promised me.

"You don't know that,"

"Yes I do," she said. "I know that I am going to do everything in my power to keep you safe and get you to a safe place, because you deserve that," In response, I just nodded. "Did she drive you here?"

"I walked,"

"Would you like to stay in my husband's office while I make some calls about this?" she offered and I nodded. "I'll walk you down, ok?" I nodded and we left.

"Will you be there?"

"No, I have to make calls," she told me, which made my heart race. Being alone with him made me nervous, especially since I didn't know him. "He's not in right now, since it's Saturday. I just want you to be in a safe spot, and I'll have a friend come check up on you,"

"Who?"

"My friend Crystal, she works in the oral and maxillofacial surgery department," she told me and I nodded. "She's here working some overtime this weekend,"

"Ok,"

We made it to the office and she unlocked the door, then turned on the lights, "If you need anything, just call or text,"

"Ok," I nodded.

"I'll have Crystal bring up some food," she told me and I nodded. She left the room and I went over to the desk, looking at the pictures. There were pictures of Sierra and a guy with curly blonde hair and blue eyes, as well as a bulldog. There were also some pictures with three guys and a girl with brunette hair, but I recognized one of the guys, it was the doctor that was taking care of my dad.

I sat on the couch against the wall and pulled out my phone. There were tons of texts from my sister and her friends, but I ignored them. Instead, I went onto Youtube and watched some videos after curling up into a small ball and pulling the blanket over me. I wanted nothing more than to just stay in this tiny office forever and hide away from everything and everyone.