Chapter 29

"Lan Zhan, this is the best," shouted excitedly Wei Ying and with A-Yuan in his arms, he continued rushing around from stall to stall, showing the toddler everything. "I have almost forgotten how it feels."

Lan Wangji followed his husband with a somewhat heavy heart. Of course, he could not be any happier that Wei Ying finally agreed to leave the safety of the Cloud Recesses and come to have a look at the market in Caiyi town. However, it was still hard for him to not blame himself that he had not been able to make this change happen a lot earlier, he had let his soulmate suffer for much longer than he should have.

"Wei YIng said it himself just now: 'I have almost forgotten how it feels'. And I have watched him all this time and did nothing... Well, it was not like there was much I could do actually, Brother made that clear the first time I came to talk to him. But still, I feel like I should have done better to help my husband, my fated soulmate, my most precious Omega...

Moreover, even if Wei Ying is saying he is glad to have come, I am still worried. He is fine now, and A-Yuan is also having a lot of fun. But if something were to happen, I am afraid that it would be an immense setback. Perhaps Wei Ying would never want to come out of the Jingshi again. It could be that all the small progress that Nie Huisang and Wei Ying's siblings had managed to make would be lost for ever.

He had all but begged me to take my sword with me today, and probably also the others. Although he said it seemingly as a joke, I know he is still nervous deep down. I do not blame him for it even in the slightest. After what he had gone through, anyone would be traumatized and scared for their baby. I just wonder how I can help now when Jiang Yanli and Jiang Wanyin are about to leave. I do not want Wei Ying to go back to how he was last week."

Indeed, today was the last day that the Omega's siblings and their families were visiting. They had their own sects and despite their will to stay, it was not possible. Jiang Cheng was sect leader and Jin Zixuan a sect heir after all, they were not so free as it could seem on the first glance. Even a week was already a long time and the Lanling Jin sect heir had been working on sect matters more than half that time.

Which was good in a sense that Lan Wangji could relax and not watch the other's every step and word so they would not hurt Wei Ying. They were still very much at odds between themselves and did not mind at all the fact that they were now brothers-in-law and were supposed to be looking out for each other. He had failed in this respect, but not anymore.

Lan Wangji held his sword tighter, a constant reminder that he had promised Wei Ying to be his eyes and ears while he would be entertaining A-Yuan. He could not fail in this important mission. He did not think they were running any danger in the Caiyi town, especially because they were a large group and both Jiang Cheng and Jin Zixuan were carrying their own weapons just like the Second Jade. Even Nie Huisang held his fan as if it was a deadly enemy of anyone who could come closer with intentions of harming Wei Ying and their baby. Still, he had promised his husband to keep watch and he would not fail him.

As expected though, everything went smoothly and soon, Wei Ying was carrying around a sleepy and worn-out toddler instead of an energetic one. It was time to go back home now. They all needed a good sleep, Wei Ying perhaps most of all. Lan Wangji could feel his building exhaustion, as his husband had not been outside of the Cloud Recesses in almost 2 years. Today's stroll had truly taken a heavy toll on him.

"But it is good as well. At least now, Wei Ying will hopefully finally start to get used to coming outside of the Jingshi and the Could Recesses. If nothing happens today, we will perhaps be through the worst part. I just need to make sure that he will remain relaxed and open also after his siblings leave."

And leaving they were. They have already walked through the whole market several times and the sun was starting to be really warm and high in the sky. If they wanted to be able to make the journey back to the Lotus Pier in a single go, they had to leave. They had a child with them, they needed to rush and limit the dangerous travelling at the bare possible minimum.

Jiang Yanli could not be more aware of this fact because she turned towards her brother and opened the goodbyes: "A-Xian, I have enjoyed myself very much, thank you for your hospitality. It is unfortunately time for us to go. I would have loved to stay longer, but A-Xuan, me and A-Ling need to first go to the Lotus Pier by sword and then continue to the Koi Tower by boat."

Lan Wangji glanced at his husband, sure that he was about to start arguing with, and if it did not help then persuading his sister to stay for longer. However, Jiang Yanli was faster and she continued with half apologetic half sad expression: "I am really sorry A-Xian, we really cannot stay any longer, but..." Now, Jiang Yanli's face now brightened as if she had suddenly thought about an amazing idea.

Which, in fact, was completely spot on. Lan Wangji could not tell if she had just come up with her proposition on the fly or if she had already prepared it in advance and only had just come up upon the perfect opportunity when to ask and check their availability.

"Jin Ling's birthday will be in two weeks. We are preparing a party in the Koi Tower. Both me and A-Xuan will be over the moon with happiness if you will be able to join us."

Lan Wangji nodded his head in agreement. He had attentively observed the interaction between the siblings this past week, and he could tell she knew how to talk to Wei Ying so his husband would not draw back and protect himself. Truly, Lan Wangji should learn from her as much as he could before she would go back to her home. It would be priceless knowledge later on, when he would be the only one close enough to the young Omega. Distance wise only of course, everyone would be with Wei Ying all the time in their thoughts and worries.

"Shijie!" exclaimed Wei Ying, suddenly excited yet again. "Does that mean this is an invitation?"

"Of course," Jiang Yanli only had time to nod and she was already being squished by Wei Ying's strong arms which were now wrapped around her and Jin Ling.

"Thank you, we will make sure to come," Wei Ying promised before instructing A-Yuan to say goodbye to his new friend and calming him down while telling him they would see each other soon.

With the goodbyes over, Jin Zixuan and Jiang Cheng helped their respective spouses onto their swords and they soon became only small spots in the sky.