Chapter 6

______________________

June 14th 1853

*third pov*

The Dickinson family had all heard what happened last night between Austin and Vivian. let's just say they weren't the happiest to find out that their son did something like that to sue. Mr. And Mrs. Dickinson had together decided that it was best for the two to get married instead of sue and Austin. Vivian was not happy about the decision the couple had made because she didn't want to marry Austin, she had never had any sorts of attractions towards him and never would and now she was getting forced into this marriage with him after one bad decision she made to get revenge on her sister.

But what broke her even more was the fact that Lavi now knew what she had done and she looked crushed when she saw Annie this morning. All she wanted to do in that moment was run up to lavi and tell her that she didn't mean anything and that she loved her and hated herself for her bad decision. At the end of the day she knew that Lavinia would never forgive her after what she had done she might still be friends with her but it would never go back to how they used to be. All she could think was *great there goes another friend*. She also probably knew that milie would stop talking to her too for what she did towards their friend while she knew about her feelings towards her.

Sue and Emily looked pissed at her when they saw the two the morning. She felt bad for what she did but she was also kinda happy that they got a taste of their own medicine after what they had done to her multiple times. She honestly felt like sue was about to rip her head off by the looks that were painted on her face, and Austin could feel them too. Luckily for Annie, Austin had taken the blame and said it was his fault it happened in the first place. And that he was the one that had asked Annie to have sex with him.

That was three weeks ago and the only people that would talk to Annie now was Maggie, Betty and surprisingly Jane had started to talk to her a week after the incident. But she was currently crying by the tree in the back yard that her, lavi and Milie used to hang by all the time. Now more than ever she wished she had them by her side. Everyday she would cry her eyes out regretting everything and ever existing at all. But by now she had stopped crying and was just starring at the ground wondering how she hadn't run away yet which at this point she was about to do.

All of a sudden she had noticed that someone had taken a seat next to her but she didn't bother to check who it was but whoever it was they had by now placed a hand on her shoulder. "Hey are you okay."   The voice she recognize us Emily's voice which made her start crying again, but harder this time. "Sh, it's okay I know you didn't mean to do it." Emily's exclaimed to  which made the younger girl look at her. "But I did though I just wanted to get sue back but now I'm getting married to a guy I don't even like. But that's not even the worst part." Annie whispered threw her tears.

"I know and I get it I would do the same but what do you mean that's not the worst part." The brunette asked her carefully not knowing how she would react. "No one knows and I hate the fact that my life turned out like this but... um ... Im pregnant." She said although she mumbled the last part and she could tell that Emily was trying not to freak out. "Oh vee vee, it's going to be okay you have people that will take good care of you threw this." The brunette reassured the girl next to her with puffy red eyes. "No I don't everyone hates me." Annie said frowning but also noticing that Emily's old name for her had slipped out of her mouth.

"They don't hate you no one could hate you." Emily replied simply. "Yes they do and especially Lavinia." Annie explained realizing this was one of the first times she  had said vinnies full name it didn't feel right to her, she missed vinnies warmth next to her when she woud sneak into her room at night. "I don't hate you so why would they and especially vinnie I mean yeah it was our brother but it wasn't that bad." Emily explained which brought a slight smile to Annie's face which had been the first in a while. "It's not just because it was your brother but if I told you, you would never talk to me again." She had some what slipped to Emily.

"You don't have to tell me right now you can tell me when your ready and my father can't tell me who to hang out with anymore I'm a woman now." Emily exclaimed half seriously and the other half jokingly which made the other girl let out a quite laugh. "Okay but now let's head inside it's boring out here and we don't want you to get sick." The poet reached out her hand for the girl to take while listening to the shorter girls complaining about how being inside with people who hate you sucks.

" The poet reached out her hand for the girl to take while listening to the shorter girls complaining about how being inside with people who hate you sucks