Chapter 28

(I Can't) Let Go

(I Can't) Let Go

MY TIME AT THE MANSION has been one of the best moments I'd had, the kids had grown up to be total sweethearts and I found myself spending every free moment with either them or their father. 

But today I decided to take some time for myself. I took the first car I saw in the garage and went out. I was parading through the mall looking into every store with one of my arms filled with bags. Only about half of them were for Sage and Karah, between new toys and clothes ofcourse. 

I got my nails done, this time a wine red instead of my normal black. I had even got my toes done. Something I never cared about since all I wore were boots. 

I packed all the bags into the backseat of the car and I felt my phone ring in my pocket. The name "Mon monde <3" illuminated my phone. (My world)   

I immediately picked up on the next ring, "Hello?" 

"Where are you, amore?" 

"I went out for a few things, what happened?" 

I thought something terrible happened to you...again

"I'm sorry for worrying you, I didn't mean to"   

"Don't apologize, what did you get?"

"Not a lot of stuff, just a few things for Sage and Karah and a few shirts "

"Alright, I'll see you tonight. I have a few things at the office I need to take care of so I won't be home today"

"Okay...I love you"

"I love you too, amore. More than you'll ever know" 

I hung up with a smile on my face and started the car to make my way back to the mansion. 

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

The house was quiet as I entered, the twins were at their grandparent's house making it even quieter than usual. I also heard Nayomi talking about spending the day with Alex so they weren't at home. I placed the bags down by the staircase and got rid of my jacket. 

It wasn't common for me to have the house all to myself or the house to be empty at all. It was peaceful. But I was feeling somewhat adventurous, I'd never seen the other side of the house even though I'd been here for quite some time already.

There was another staircase that lead to another part of the house but I heard it was forbidden for some reason, but I felt fairly entitled to know what was here since I was considering marrying the person who owned the house. 

I carefully made my way up the dimly lit stairs, and all there was at the top was a big wooden door. 

Not scary at all...