•<page 6>•<My Little Treasure>•

My Little Treasure,

Remember, it is the day when a little doll which was very tiny, came into my life. Her deep crystal ball-like eyes made me the one to see the words with a vision of motherhood. Her little infant feet filled my heart with joy. Her tiny hands clutched my fingers with innocence. And you won't believe that this girl is so sweet, that when I kissed her first time, her cheeks tasted as sweet as Meetha Roshogulla. You know, this girl I am talking about is my little treasure.

Her name is Anindita and today is her Birthday. Maa's little princess has turned Seven today. I think you have already started to look more like your father. Same eyes, some red nose, same hands.

But remember don't be as hot-headed as him. At least at this characteristic be more like Maa.

May you achieve every success in life.

And sorry Beta. I remember that you must have called me to be there for your Birthday. But I can't. What to do? These angels around me, give me lots and lots of work to do and keep me busy here in heaven.

They are so strict that they even don't give any holiday as well. Nevertheless, Maa is also very adamant. I will protest against this. I will dispatch a case in front of God. But this protest will go long because there are so many cases already pending in God's house, it will take years for my number.

Till then my ShonaMeye needs to be a good girl. Your Baba told me on his special telephone to me that you were crying. He was also crying on the phone. Your Baba is very childish, just like you. Anindita, if you will cry there, how I will endure it. Who will take care of Baba, if you will cry? You both are my kids. My soul wails when I see you both like that. This is also a reason these angels don't allow me to come to you. Yesterday one of them told me that your family is so weak, They always cry.

But I confronted that they both are powerful. My Both Shona are strong. I am damn sure.

Your Maa is always in the sky, making sure that you all are alright and watching over you. So whenever you see a bright star like in the nursery rhyme "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" that is me.

I will be always your mother. Lots of love and blessings to my Anindita on her birthday. Little love to the Special Dakiya Babu too.

Love,
Maa.

She was the light of the house. Without her, life was pretty pale. Ahead with gloom, came the hollow tension. The house that was once filled with joy, laughter and support, was now empty. She died due to a disease which had no cure at that time. The only beautiful memory of her she left for him was their daughter, Anindita.

The night sky was luminous with shining stars.

A drop of loneliness dropped from his eyes. Anirudh folded the letter, keeping it safe inside the drawer next to the bed and glanced at his seven-year-old daughter. Glaring, Anindita jumped on her Baba's lap on her bed.

"Maa is very clever with words. She always gives excuses", she groaned. Her words muffled in his chest as she sobbed.

He chuckled and said, "Because she is just like you. She used to make fool of me as well with words. Mischievous!", He stroked her twin braids, complaining about her Late wife's shararats.

"No My Maa isn't mischievous, she gives excuses only" she defended. Warm tears like drops of ocean fell from her eyes, eventually, damping Anirudh's nightshirt. "She doesn't know how to fulfil promises".

"If you will cry like this... will those strict angels allow her to come back?
Remember what she said" Anirudh told her with gloomy eyes.

She lifted her head from his chest and with her tiny hands she gently wiped the brine from Anirudh's eyes.
"You should file a complaint against those Bad angels. They have captivated my Maa. You are my superhero na... then why don't you get her back? Like Prince gets the princess back from Devils"

"Angels" He corrected, staring at her lovingly. "Yeah whatever", she huffed.

He picked her up in his hold and stood up from the bed. As he begins to walk, making her face rest on his shoulder as he creased her back tenderly.

"But your Mother is a queen. Do I need to protect her?" Anirudh asked looking at her puppy eyes.

"But she is your wife too right? Husbands ought to protect their wives. She also protects us from heaven, can't we do the same for her?" She pouted.

He smiled and kissed her forehead lovingly. She has inherited the traits from her mother that he loves the most. The quality of doing Tarks.

"I will too be a Barrister. If you can't then I will get her back" She huffed.

"Achha! You will become Barrister only for that? Then who will fulfil her dream, that Anindita would become a strong girl? That she will always stick to the right things in society. She will pay to her priorities first. She will become a good and helpful person for all. But you want only to cry"

Glaring, She banged her tiny fists on his chest with tear-soaked eyes and a slight frown on her face.

He stared at her silently as she wasn't aware of how useless those punches were. "Ouch" He left out a fake groan.

Gasping, She immediately embraced him, "Sarry!". He chuckled and gently rocked her hair for a brief moment closing his eyes.

"Anindita"

"Hmm"

"Don't ever... leave your Baba. I know one day you will have to", he broke the hug and looked at her chubby face, Holding onto his tears. "But till then... never! I won't be able live.
Beta... Daddy loves you very much. You know right", He kissed her almond-like eyes, "Just as your Maa... Baba too can't see tears in your eyes. We want you to emerge as an Independent lady. Just like your mother was".

A frown reached her lips, "I am not going to leave you ever. Never Ever", She kissed his cheek.

"If someone wants to be with me then he should leave his house". He raised his eyebrow. She timidly hugged him and added, "Anyway, I don't need anyone else than my Maa Baba. I am not going away from you ever".

"Shotti," He asked with a childish face.

"Shotti" She pinched both of their necks, gently.

The night sky was quaint. A navy tiny was the backdrop for the large satin yellow moon in the sky. Millions of stars were squirted behind it. Now and then, a flicker caught her vision as Anirudh stood near the window holding Anindita in hand. Watching the glorious ethereal stretched sky.

"More than stars, the moon is glowing" Anindita exclaimed to her father.

"Because the moon is the only one for the earth. The most shining star of the earth. As your Maa for my heart. See how beautiful your maa looks from the moon. The shining star of our life. You will keep measuring my little treasure with her love" He proclaimed to her with gloomy eyes

He pecked her head, "Happy Birthday to my Little Treasure. Maa's and Baba's daughter".

🌸

|Vote&Comment|