127-129

Chapter 127: Still Insist On Taking the Test?

In the office for Year 3 teachers.

Very quickly, all the teachers, including the principal, learned about the bet between Lu An and Hu Jiaqian.

The principal had a grave expression on his face as he asked Hu Jiaqian, “Jiaqian, are you sure you want to bet with Lu An that whoever gets a lower score will drop out?”

Lu An was a genius child who had swept through all the enrollment questions on their school’s website last night, and practically caused the entire cohort of Year 3 teachers to lose sleep.

This morning, all the Year 3 teachers had woken up early to see which class Lu An would join!

The form teacher of Class 1, where all the top students were gathered, had even made a small bet with the other form teachers. Victory looked like it was in the bag, but in the end, Lu An chose the most willful class in the entire school, Class 4. Class 4!

Fine, her biological brother was in Class 4, so they could only accept it.

Comrade Lei, the unprincipled form teacher of Class 4, had it easy.

Everyone was already unhappy that Zhao Zichen insisted on staying in Class 4.

Was there something wrong with Hu Jiaqian’s brain?

The principal had an incredulous expression on his face. He didn’t advocate students being so aggressive.

Unexpectedly, Hu Jiaqian said, “Of course I’m sure!

“I know that the school probably has its own difficulties as well, but since this kind of student has already been admitted, to prevent her from pulling down the class average in the future, this can be considered as helping to reduce this burden on the school without any effort. What do you think?”

As Hu Jiaqian spoke, her lips curled up in a smug smile, as if she was doing the school a huge favor.

After all, the school had already accepted Lu An’s father’s money to let her in. If she used this method to make Lu An drop out, her father wouldn’t be able to make the school return the money because of this. If he wanted to shove Lu An in again, he would have to fork out money again.

No matter what, this was a sure win for the school!

These were Hu Jiaqian’s proud thoughts.

Little did she know that for adults, especially those with some standing, money was far less important than reputation.

Hu Jiaqian’s expression said that she was kindly helping the school remove trash that got in through the back door.

This was tantamount to saying that the school allowed students to get in by pulling strings. If this got out, what leg would their century-old school, which stressed education and fairness, have to stand on?

“Heh!”

The fat, easy-going principal chuckled softly. There was no annoyance on his smiling face as he agreed right away. “Alright, I’ll arrange for the teachers to come up with the test for the both of you.

“However, Hu Jiaqian, don’t blame the principal for not reminding you: The school’s enrollment slip is in black and white. Any student who is not officially admitted must pass the enrollment test. If this formality is not completed, a student absolutely will not be admitted so casually.

“Do you understand what I’m saying?”

“I, I, of course I understand!”

Hu Jiaqian inexplicably felt a little nervous when the principal suddenly leaned in close to say this in a low voice.